Chapter 27:

Angele's POV
"He was t to hard on you was he?" Cameron asked as we stepped onto the patio.

"He wasn't the best." I said sitting on the wall.

Nash gasped, "I didn't say anything--"

Hayes interrupted, "Didn't say anything? That's what every normal person counts as saying something!"

"Hayes, you didn't let me finish. Before this pain interrupted I was going to say, I didn't say anything explicit."

"It's the though that counts." I said, causing Cameron to laugh.

"Matt was right, you are sassy."

"Why thank you." I flipped my hair.

Hayes barked out a sharp laugh, making me grin.

Nash sat next to me on the wall, "Hayes, is this okay?" He asked placing his arm around my shoulders.

"I don't like her like that! We are friends that's it."

"Ouch friend zoned." I said placing a fist over my heart as if I had been stabbed.

Cameron and Nash laughed as Hayes turned red.

"That's not what I meant..." He said looking toward the ground and placing a hand on his neck.

"Didn't mean what?" Matt asked stepping onto the patio.

"That Angele is just a friend." Cameron responded.

"Ouch. Angele, you were just friend zoned." Matt sat on the top step.

"I know all my hard work for nothing!"

A phone started ringing. The song was 'No Type'. I grinned. Cameron stood and pulled out his phone.

"Nice ring tone." I nodded.

"Thanks."

Cameron clicked the green button and stepped down the stairs and out of ear shot.

"Wonder who's calling him." Hayes said.

"Probably Jocelyn." Nash responded. Hayes nodded.

"Who's Jocelyn?"

"His girlfriend." Matt responded quickly.

"Do you all have girlfriends?" I asked just trying to make conversation.

"Gosh, nosy much?" Matt scoffed.

I felt my cheeks heat up.

"I'm kidding. Hayes is single Nash, Cam, and I all have a girlfriend."

"Bet you're glad to hear hat Haass is single, huh Angele." Nash teased.

"I would've been, but he made it clear that we are just friends." I grinned.

"That doesn't mean anything. You guys could have a friends with benefits, type relationship." Matt said winking. I burst out laughing.

"Dude no!" Hayes stood and walked into the cabin, letting the door slam behind him.

I had stopped laughing and turned to nash. He shrugged his shoulders. I stood and walked toward the door Hayes had just disappeared through.

"Aw, Angele is going to go check in baby 2K. How cute." Cameron teased.

I rolled my eyes and opened the door. I stepped inside and looked for Hayes. I scanned the bunks quickly, no sign if him. Hmm...Odd...

I walked down the isle toward the bathroom. I knocked on the door frame, "Hayes?" I called.

"Angele?"

"Yep."

"I'm in the shower."

"Okay..." I said it more like a question.

"Come here I can't hear you!"

"No thanks." I called back.

"You don't have to come in. Just stand by the curtain."

"Still, no thanks."

"I'm in a swim suit. You won't be able to see anything." Hayes yelled.

I shrugged and stepped inside the bathroom. Hayes was standing by the curtain, his head sticking out, water dripping in his blue eyes.

"That didn't take much convincing." He smirked.

I jumped up onto the counter feeling my cheeks heat up, "Id better just wait outside." I went to slide off the counter.

"No, you're fine."

"Hayes, if Nash comes in here he'll never let us forget it."

"So what?"

"Doesn't it bother you?"

"I've had a lot of time to think things over---"

I interrupted, "Lot of time meaning five minutes."

"That's a lot of time in the male mind. Anyways as I was saying, it used to bother me, it doesn't now."

"So what changed?" I asked as Hayes shut off the water. He stepped out and ran a towel over his dark hair.

"That's for me to know and you to find out."