Chapter 2:

We walked in silence up the small hill to the large cabin. There was a spiral staircase leading up to the counsler's room. There were steps leading to the cabin on either side, one set going down the other up. I heard a group of girls squeling in the room to the right.

"I think it's safe to assume that you'lol be staying in there." Hayes said nhodding toward the door.

"Unfortunately, your assumption appears to be correct."

I walked over to the door and held it open for Hayes, who still reffused to let me carry my own stuff.

"Hi, Hayes!" The girls chimed perfectly in sync.

He nodded acknowledging that he had heard them but he didn't say anything. I stepped inside the cabin the door clanging shut behind me with a loud bang. The girls tore their gaze from Hayes and glared at me with a look of utter disgust.

"Angele top or bottom bunk?" Hayes called from across the room.

"Bottom." I responded standing next to him.

He placed the bucket and duffel bag gently on the plastic mattress.

"There you go. Do you want any help?" Hayes asked smiling.

"I think I've got it. Unless you want to..."

"Alright I'll help." Hayes plopped onto the bed to the left of mine. I picked up the bucket and slid it under the bed and unzipped my duffel bag. I pulled out my turquoise black sheets, batman logo blanket, and turquoise throw pillow and threw them onto the bed.

"What can I do to help?"

"You could set up my bed, I guess."

"If I do that what are you going to do?"

"I'll be putting my clothes away."

"Oh."

I smirked as I placed my various clothing items in the small drawers of the dresser. I glanced up and saw Hayes had finished making my bed. He was no sitting on it reading out of a notebook.

Wait... I knew that notebook. It was my novel.

"Hayes!" I lunged for the book but he pulled it away and jumped up.

He held the notebook above his head.

"Hayes, not fair you're at least six in he's taller than me!"

"That's not my fault, now is it?"

"Hayes give it back." I said reaching for the book.

"Only if you can catch me."

With that Hayes ran out the door, ignoring the giggles from the girls as he passed. I rolled my eyes and chased after him.