Chapter 24:

Hayes' POV

************

Angele and I walked up the path in silence. I assumed she was taking in the scenery. The trees stretched out over the path forming a large green canopy over us. I glanced up and saw a family of cardinals in one of the trees. I tapped on Angele's shoulder and pointed toward the bright red birds. 

"That is so cool." She whispered.

"Isn't it." I started walking again, Angele following. When we entered the clearing I put out a hand stopping Angele.

"What I'm about to show you, I've never shown anyone else."

"I feel honored." She grinned.

I rolled my eyes and walked into the open field. There were blue bonnets everywhere. I turned and smiled at Angele, opening my arms ride, "This is it!"

"Wow."

"Hopefully that was a good 'wow'."

"It was." 

"Good. If you'll come this way, I've brought food."

"Yes!"

I smiled and led her to a patch of grass near the edge of the mountain. I laid out a towel and placed the food in the middle. 

"Sorry it's not your typical picnic blanket." I said sitting down. 

"Those are cliche, I like this much better." Angele said sitting cross legged beside me.

"That's good. Here you go." I passed Angele the sandwich.

"What kind is it?"

"The cliche PB and J."

Angele started crying. What did I do?

"What's wrong?" I asked worried.

"Serena was right!" 

"What're you talking about?"

"You are trying to kill me!" Angele stomped off crying.

What the heck just happened? I stood and ran after her.

"Angele, what happened?" What did I do wrong?"

She ignored me and kept walking. Her shoulders shaking. I walked over to her and grabbed her shoulders and spun her around. She was laughing.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm allergic to nuts."

"Seriously? All of that, for that!" I said dropping my hand from her shoulders.

"Mhmm..."

"I was worried, I hurt you!"

"Awww... I'm sorry."

"I hate you." I said walking past her.

"No you don't." She smiled.

"No, I do."