Chapter 4:

This is really short... And I'm sorry...
More updates soon, I swear...
What do you guys think about it so far? To cheesy?
___________________________

I smiled pleased with the reaction. He stood the water reaching the middle of his torso. I stood on the bank looking down at him.

"That was on behalf of me and all the other girls out there in the world." I said grinning, "plus it was fun." I added as an after thought.

"I was joking." Hayes protested, walking over to the bank. He stepped out of the water dripping wet. "I am going to get you for that, though." Hayes walked toward me shaking his head, spraying cold water everywhere.

"Hayes, quit that's cold!" I shrieked flinching from the water droplets.

"Imagine how I feel!" He tried to pull me in for a giant bear hug, in an attempt to get me wet.

I jumped out of his reach and started running toward the cabin. Hayes was leaving a trail of water as he ran after me. I turned my head, smiling. He was about three yards from where I was at that exact moment. I sped up slightly. I finally reached the cabin! I ran down the stairs, three at a time, and tripped over the last one. I twisted my ankle as I fell, catching myself with my hands before my face could connect with the concrete.

"Gotcha!" Hayes yelled in victory. He picked me up and squeezed me as he spun me around in a circular manner.

"HAYES!" I shrieked. He really was cold.

"Now you're wet too." Hayes said smiling as he stopped spinning.

"Yeah thanks... Can you put me down now?"

Hayes carefully placed me down on the patio. A sharp burst of pain erupted from my left ankle and up my leg.

"Ow... Ow... Ow..." I said, biting back tears.

"Angele, what's wrong?" Hayes asked a worried expression on his face.

"Help me over to the stone ledge."

I draped arm around Hayes' shoulder. He supported me as I half hopped half hobbled over to the stone ledge on the opposite side of the cabin. I sat on the ledge, placing my back against the wall of the girl'a side. I carefully swung my feet up in front of me, my right leg bent and my left extended. I bent over, rolling up my pant leg on the left.

"Oh my gosh." Hayes said looking at my ankle, which had swollen to at least tree times it's original size and had a purple tint to it.

"Well..." I said at a loss for words.