Chapter 25:

Angele's POV
**************
Hayes and I walked back down the dirt trail in silence. Hayes opened up my door. I stepped inside.

"Thanks."

Hayes nodded, still not saying anything. He walked around to his side of the car and jumped in.

"You still mad at me?" I asked.

Silence...

"I'm sorry..." I said looking at Hayes through the corner of my eye. His lips were twitching.. As if he were trying to not smile.

I bit my lower lip. I had to make this up to him.

"Who taught you how to drive?" I asked.

"My stepdad."

"It speaks!" I exclaimed pretending to be shocked.

Hayes shook his head, grinning, "you are a strange person."

"You love me anyways." I laughed.

"Not love... maybe like."

"Oh I see how it is." I nodded.

"You did make me think that I had hurt you and pushed me into the lake." Hayes noted.

"You deserved to be pushed in the lake."

"I was joking!"

"And I was joking about you killing me! I'd say we are even."

"Guess so." Hayes gave in.

I smiled in victory. I turned my head so I could look at the surrounding area.

From our position on the mountain you could see the whole camp. The cabins lights were on making them look like lanterns. I looked up at the dark sky. There were bright stars sprinkled throughout. I grinned.

"What?" Hayes asked.

"The stars."

"You've never seen stars? Hayes smirked.

"I have!"

"Then what's so cool about them?" Hayes looked toward me and raised a single eyebrow.

"I've never seen so many. San Antonio has way to much light polution."

"I see."

"The things one takes for granted."

"Can be another's miracle." Hayes said slowly.

"Wow deep much?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Sorry..."

"No it's fine. I like it when people have a different perspective on life."

"I'm not usually that deep. I just had a thought."

I smiled.

"I'm just making this worse, huh?"

"Yep. But I'm having fun watching you try."

Hayes hit me with his shoulder making me bump into the door slightly, "you're not helping yourself earn brownie points."

"Well dang. I gotta try harder."

"Sure do. Wanna watch the stars?"

"Seriously?"

"Of course."

"Id love to."

Hayes turned the car around and headed toward the soccer field. As soon as we reached it he turned the car off and leaned his chair back, placing his hands behind his head. I did the same.

I looked up toward the sky. The gray clouds rolled over the stars slowly. I smiled.

"What do you think?" Hayes asked looking over at me.

"It's beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you."