Chapter 32:

*Hayes' POV*

I sat up  and stretched making an inhuman noise as I did so. My head hurt from the day before. I shuffled over to the bathroom running my hands through my dark hair. I looked into the mirror and cringed. I looked like I had just been through hell. My hair was sticking up at odd angles, there was crusty dried saliva at the corner of my mouth, and I had dark purple circles under my eyes.

Matthew came running in, "Angele's gone."

"What?" I dropped my comb into the sink. She couldn't be gone. Not yet.

"Her stuff is here but she's not. We looked all over."

I ran out of the bathroom. I scanned the room looking for my older brother. Nash was no where to be seen, "Damn it."

I ran out the door and into a hard body. I looked up to see Cameron.

"Wow there." He said smiling.

He glanced down. His smile dissipated as soon as he saw the worry on my face, "What's wrong?"

"Angele. She's gone."

"What?"

"I need Nash's keys."

"He just left for a meeting, but his bag is still at the foot of his bed."

I turned and ran back into the room. I pulled Nash's bag off the floor and placed it on the small bed. I first checked the side pockets to no avail. I tore all the items out. Nothing... I started looking in the large pocket throwing everything on the bed.

"CAM! HIS KEYS AREN'T IN HERE!" I called.

Cameron stepped inside, "I just off the phone with him. He says he doesn't have them."

I pulled my hair back in frustration.

I went outside and looked up the stairs. One of the golf cars was missing. Cameron placed a had on my shoulder.

"I know where she is." I said grinning slightly.

"What? Where?" Cameron asked sounding releaved.

"My safe haven."

"How do you know?"

"I told her that's where I go when I'm annoyed. She's there. I know it."

"Well, let's go get her!"

"Just me. Please. I need to make up for what I did. That'll be difficult with you there."

"Okay. Let me know if she's okay."

"I will. But why do you care?" I asked slightly confused. Cameron has always had a caring nature but he seemed to care more with Angele more than anyone else. Well except for Jocelyn.

"She reminds me of Sierra. Now go make sure she's okay." Cameron shoved me toward the stairs.

I ran up them and toward the mountain. I pushed through the awaking campers. I finally made it to the enterance. I slowed down slightly  so I could make sure my footing was okay as I walked up the loose and rocky path.
                    *******
I stepped into the field and saw Angele sitting on the rock. I took a step toward her. I stopped, realizing she was sobbing. her shoulders were shaking and she was talking on the phone. I stood still and listened.

"What do I do Serana?"

There was a pause from Angele. I knew she was listening to Serena's answer intently.

She began speaking again, "I know... I'm going to come home.. I just.. I just... don't want to lose him."

She's obviously talking about her dad.

"Serena, how am I going to do that?"

Another pause, "I guess. Anything to preserve our friendship."

Wait friendship? Is she talking about me? She must be.

"Thanks Serena. I'll be home soon." She hung up the phone and looked over the mountain. She sighed and stood, turning.

"Hey." I raised my hand to wave.

"What're you doing here?" She had stray hairs hanging in her face and her eyes were swollen and red.

"I couldn't very well let the coolest person here leave without a good-bye now could I?"