Chapter 33:

*Angele's POV*

"How long have you been standing there?"

"Not long."

"What all did you hear?" I asked my voice echoing in my head causing my brain to throb.

"That I'm your bestest friend in the whole wide world." Hayes said a goofy fake smile on his face.

"I think you're mistaken. That would be Serena."

"I distinctly remember you saying his friendship."

"And you just assumed it was you?"

"Who else could it be?"

"Any of the other guys. Cam is cool."

Hayes put his hand over his heart in mock offense. I smiled slightly. He came and stood beside me, before sitting on the rock. I joined him.

"When is your mom coming?"

My smile faded, "She's on her way."

"Oh."

"I'd better head back. She'll be here soon enough." I stood and jumped off the rock. Hayes sat and watched as I hobbled out of the filed. My boot making my strides slow and awkward. I kicked a rock and watched as it rolled down the mountain.

"Hey!" Someone called.

I turned to find Hayes a few yards behind me. I crossed my arms over my chest.

"You have the car. Can you give me a lift?" He asked.

I shrugged and went toward the car. I hopped into the passenger seat and waited for him. He shook his head before hopping up and pulling out and toward camp.

"You mad?" He asked looking out from the corner of his eye.

"No."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Are you going to give me an answer that's more than one word?"

"I might."

Hayes threw his arms up in frustration. I grinned.

"That was two words."

Hayes stuck his tongue out at me. I rolled my eyes.

"ANGELE!" I heard a loud chorus of yells. I looked up to see the guys running toward us.

Nash opened up my door and Cameron pulled me out. He spun me around and kissed my forehead. I pulled back surprised.

He smiled, "I'm glad your okay, little sis."

Nash hit my shoulder lightly with his fist, "Your mom's here kiddo."

My smile fell.

"We'll help load up." Matthew said.

"That excited to get rid of me?"

"Well." He pretended to consider it. I gasped and he grinned.
                      ******
As soon as the car was packed I was attacked in a giant group hug, "Can't breathe!" I gasped. The guys laughed and let go.

"We are gonna miss you, Angele." Nash said.

"Aw are you crying?" I teased.

"Psh. Men don't cry." Nash responded grinning.

"What man?" I teased.

The guys barked out a sharp laugh.

"Never thought I was gonna say this.. But I'm going to miss that sass." Matthew smiled as he pulled me in for a hug. I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"My turn!" Cameron laughed.

I pulled away from Matthew and fell into Cameron's outstretched arms. He squeezed slightly harder, "I'm going to miss you. I'm always here." He pulled away and looked down and kissed my forehead.

"Dude! Let go it's my turn!" Nash pulled Cameron away and pulled me into him. I buried my head in his chest. He smelled like sweat and cologne.

"Don't get to big." He smiled as he kissed my cheek.

"C'mon guys. We have a meeting." Matthew said sadly.

The guys said one last good-bye and made their way up to the cabin.

"So what changed your mind about Nash?" I asked turning to Hayes.

"It's not the last day."

"It's mine." I pointed out.

"Fine."

Hayes leaned in and pressed his mouth close to my ear so I could hear him whipser, his lips brushed my ear as he spoke, sending chills down my spine, "I realized... I might actually like you."

And with that he smirked and walked back to the cabin.