Chapter 5:

"Hold on. Stay here." Hayes turned and ran up the spiral staircase. Like I could go anywhere...

I heard Hayes' voice coming down the stairs. He was explaining what had happened to someone. As soon as he reached the bottom step I raised a single eyebrow. He just gestured behind him. I followed his silent command and looked behind him.

Hayes was accompanied by a tall, male, with light brown hair, sun kissed skin, and dark brown eyes.

"I'm Matt." The guy said showing off blinding white teeth.

"Angele." I responded simply. I turned back to Hayes, still confused.

"He's one of our counselors." Hayes stated. I nodded in understanding.

Matt walked over to where I was sitting. He stood by my outstretched leg, "May I see your ankle?"

I nodded pulling my pant leg up, revealing my deformed ankle. Matt pressed on the swollen skin with two fingers. I sucked in a sharp gasp of air through my teeth and jerked my ankle back.

"I'm terribly sorry. Did I hurt you?"

"No. I just pull back like that for fun." I said sarcastically. Hayes chuckled joining Matt at my side.

"Sassy... I don't think it's broken. Possibly sprained. Hayes she'll need to go to the nurse."

"I'll take her." Hayes piped up.

"Hayes, she can't put a single amount of weight on it."

"I know Matt! I can carry her."

"Cam's only about a half hour away. He'll be more than willing to take her. We should wait."

"Matt, I can do it!" Hayes argued.

"I know you can, but it's safer for her to wait."

"But..."

"Still here." I interrupted.

"We know." Matt said glancing over at me, clearly annoyed.

"So don't I get a say. I mean it's me who has to suffer this excruciating pain. Am I not?"

"You're absolutely right! What do you want?" Hayes asked grinning.

"Who's Cam?"

"Cameron. He is a close friend of mine and Hayes." Matt responded.

"And the difference between the two is?"

"Cam is twenty and not very clumsy. Hayes in the other hand is fourteen and was born with two left feet."

"But if I choose Cameron I have to wait for pain meds... But if I choose Hayes I can get some now?"

"Pretty much." Matt nodded.

"I want Hayes to take me."