Chapter 14:

Hayes' POV
_________
Angele and I walked back to the cabin. She was wearing her large, black boot and was walking like a penguin. I started to waddle with my hands sticking out at the sides of my body, attempting to imitate her.

"Shut up!" She said showing me to the left playfully.

I stumbled, "didn't say anything." I grinned walking normal again.

"This sucks. I wanna go home." Angele groaned kicking a loose stone down the stairs making it bounce as it hit the cement patio.

"To bad. You canst!"

"And why is that?" Angele sat on the top step.

I sat on the stair below her and looked up. Her hazel eyes were watering, "Because then my life would suck."

"Awww... Suck up." Angele ruffled my hair. I closed my eyes.

"I thought you were touched." I open my eyes to see Angele with a huge white smile.

"Nope." Angele jumped up and walked down the stairs.

"You're not acting like you're hurt, I think you're faking."

"Oh Hayes! You caught me. I feel ashamed. I did all this because it's been one of my biggest dreams to wear an attractive boot like this and now I finally can." Angele put a hand To her forehead, palm facing me in mock distress. I chuckled.

Angele sat on the stone ledge, her feet dangling over the edge. I sat next to her. She looked zoned out.

"What's up?"

"Just tired."

"Go take a nap." I pointed toward her side of the cabin.

"Can't."

"Why?"

"We have the camp kickoff, meeting, thing." She responded.

"You go take snap and I'll take notes and give them to you."

"Really?" Angele's face lit up.

"Absolutely."

"Oh my gosh, Hayes you're amazing!" Angele wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I know. Now get to bed!"