Chapter 11:

Hayes' POV
_________
In the nurse's office she had a mini fridge and loads of medical equipment ranging from stethoscopes to crutches.

"I think Angele has fractured her ankle. It won't have to be castes but she will need to wear a boot."

"Okay... So, why are you telling me and not her?"

"I think you'll be able to deliver the news in a way that won't discourage her."

"Alright. I'll try." I turned and walked out of the office. Angele had changed and was holding my sweater.

"You know I grabbed that for you to wear not admire."

"I know... What's Davidson Day Patriots?"

"It's my high school football team."

"What position do you play?"

"Quarter back."

"Cool.. So what did the nurse want?"

"She said you're going to die."

"Haha very funny." She said sarcastically pulling in the sweatshirt. It looked like it was three sizes to big.

"I'm serious!" I smiled.

"Uh huh, sure you are."

"She said that you've somehow managed to fracture that ankle of yours. It isn't bad enough to be castes but you will have to wear that super attractive boot over there." I nodded towards the large, black boot on the desk.

"Oh." Angele had lost her smile and her eyes started to water.

I sat in one of the chairs beside her, "Hey. It's gonna be okay." I rubbed her shoulder awkwardly trying to comfort her.

"I told my mom that I didn't want to come, but did she listen? Of course not! I'm only a stupid fourteen year old who has no idea what I want." Angele broke down and started crying, not the loud tears but the silent ones that you'd have to be looking closely to notice.

"You didn't want to come?"

"Not at all. I know absolutely no one here, I'm surrounded by stuck up snots, and all my friends are back home."

"Ouch, in offended! I had no clue that I was a stuck up snot."

Angele giggled. I grinned. Mission cheer Angele up complete.

"I didn't expect to meet someone as cool as you here."

"Aww... Thanks."

"Don't go getting a big head on me."

"Wouldn't dream of it."

We heard a bell ringing in the distance.

"Guess it's time for dinner." I stood. Angele remained sitting.

"I'll go get you food." I said.

"Wait, what?"

"I'll bring dinner to you so don't have to be around 'stuck up snots'." I formed air quotes around stuck up snots.

"Seriously? Hayes your amazing!"

"I know. I'll be back soon." I left the cabin. As I walked passed the window I looked through it. Angele had the biggest smile on her face. I grinned.