Chapter 22:

Hayes' POV

*************

Angele went to go get her phone from her side of the cabin. I called Nash.

"Hey bro, having fun?" Nash asked. I could tell he was wiggling his eyebrows.

"I don't have time for that. Where's your keys to the golf cart?"

"In my backpack. Why?"

"I'll explain later, bye."

I hung up and walked into the boy's cabin. Nash's bag was at the foot of his bed, the keys were sticking our of the pocket. I grabbed them and turned around. Angele was standing in the doorway.

"What are we doing?" She asked stepping outside.

"We are taking a tour of the camp."

"I've already had a tour with Matt."

"But did he drive you around in a golf car?"

"No."

"Then we are taking a tour in a golf car!"

Now I need to do something else with the tour. Matt stole my thunder! I've got it. A picnic!

"If you'd follow me your tour will begin." I said trying to sound professional.

Angele laughed, "You suck at sounding professional."

"That just ruined all my hopes and dreams for the future. I've always wanted to be a tour guide and now I can't."

Angele giggled, "You'll get better."

"It's a good thing I don't really want to be a tour guide. Here you go." I opened the passenger door and helped Angele step up into the small car. I walked around the car to the driver's side and jumped in.

"So what do you want to do?" Angele asked as I pulled out of the parking spot.

"I want to become an actor."

"That's cool. Have you done anything to achieve that?"

"I started Vine and a YouTube channel."

"That's a step in the right direction."

"What about you? What do you see in your future?"

"So I'm psychic now? I'm undecided."

"What are you considering?" 

"Several different things... An author, pediatric nurse, or a photographer."

"You'd be an awesome author."

She laughed, "Not really. I'm just a fourteen year old writing stories for fun."

"You'll improve."

I pulled up to the mess hall. I jumped out of the car, "I'll be right back."

I stepped into the cafeteria and was overwhelmed by the scent of the camp's 'chicken'. I wrinkled my nose. 

"Hayes, what're you doing here?" The chef called as he waddled out of the kitchen carrying a spatula.

"Just coming to grab some food."

"Dinner isn't for another half hour."

"I know. I want to take a friend on a picnic."

"I see. There's chicken in the back."

"Could I possible get stuff to make sandwiches? She's not to fond of chicken."

"Of course! You know where everything is."

"Thanks." I stepped into the kitchen.

I pulled out the bread and peanut butter and jelly. I made her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a plain jelly sandwich for me. I grabbed some fruit and water and went back out to the car. Angele was on the phone grinning like crazy.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

She jumped, "Stop doing that! I'm talking to Serena."

"What's she saying?"

"That's none of your business, now is it?"

"It is now that the phone is interrupting our tour."

"We haven't started the tour yet."

"Good point. We will be starting now."

"Then I'll put my phone up." Angele shifted her weight and slipped her phone into her back pocket. 

"So to start our tour, this is the mess hall." I gestured to the building to my left. Angele giggled.

"Still not a good tour guide?" I asked. Angele shook her head.

"Fine. Since you've already had a tour wanna go to my safe haven?"

"Safe haven?"

"The place I go when I get annoyed."

"Sure, why not?"

I turned the car around and drove up the dirt trail going up to the mountains. Angele was the first person I'd show the hid out to... Hopefully this will help her experience become better.