Chapter 3:

Angele's POV

By the time I had made it outside Hayes was standing on the road connecting the camp together.

"Took you long enough, slow poke." He grinned throwing my notebook in the air and catching it.

"My bad." 

"Don't worry I'll go slow that way you have a chance."

I pretended to be flattered, "Really? You'd be so kind."

Hayes laughed and started running. "Try and keep up!"

I chased after Hayes pushing through the crowds of those just arriving, calling out various forms of apologies as I passed. Hayes turned around and started running backwards.

Show off.

He grinned, "You're quick... for a girl."

I skid to a stop and starred at him dumbfounded.

"For a girl?" I asked through gasps for air. We had ran a quarter mile to the lake.

Hayes faced the water, "Yup!"

I faced the water as well standing by Hayes. He passed me the notebook. I took it.

"This is my favorite place in the whole camp." Hayes said gesturing to the lake.

"How could this be your favorite spot? You just got here."

"I've been going here for the past three years."

"Oh." I mentally face palmed.

We stood in silence observing the scenery. The water was a clear blue color and the trees were a bright green shade. The reached their limbs out over the water. I smiled. The temperature although more humid, had cooled considerably.

"It is beautiful."

"Beautiful doesn't even begin to describe it."

"Guess not."

"We should probably get going, the counslors will be doing role call soon."

"Wait." I placed a hand on his shoulder stopping him in his tracks.

"What?"

"This!" I pressed on him slightly making him loose his balance. He fell into the water causing a nice sized splash.