In Another Life

1 Week Later

1 Week Later

"Niklaus, are you absolutely sure about this?" Elijah questions emotionally as he stares at his younger brother for the last time. After a thousand years of searching and fighting for his brothers redemption, it seemed like he was finally getting what he wanted. Though it was a very bitter sweet moment.

"I love her, Lijah." Klaus says with no doubt in his voice. "I promised I'd follow her wherever she went and I promised her another life."

"How can you be so sure there is anything after this life?" Caroline frowns as she looks around her sisters office. Everything still placed how it was when she left it for the last time.

"I just know." He gently smiles down at the ground before looking up to his families mournful gazes. "It feels like her soul is calling to mine."

"Well, now we know he really has gone mad." Rebekah sighs in frustration. "You can't kill yourself Nik! This is bloody madness."

"I never thought I'd be saying this..." Kol loudly sighs, bringing everyone's attention to himself. "But our brother is not mad. With the very rare cases of soulmates I have encountered, it has been proven that when one dies the other feels a need, an urge, to follow them into death."

"Are you sure this is what she wanted for you?" Freya counters solemnly.

"I think that stubborn woman never would've admitted it but yes. Deep down I believe that she knew there was no more me in this world if she was not in it." He nods.

Elijah sternly grabs onto his brothers shoulder and they both stare intensely into the others eyes for a Moment before Elijah yanks him into a hug. Both of their breathing heavy as they cherish their last few moments together.

"It's been a glorious ride, Lijah." Klaus tearfully smiles. "Thank you for never giving up on me."

"Thank you for giving me purpose when I felt so lost." Elijah admits. "Go get your happiness brother." With one final nod Elijah steps out of the room allowing Caroline to step up next seeing as she was right beside Elijah.

Before Klaus can utter a single word Caroline engulfs him into a tight hug. A few tears slipping past her eyes. "Take care of her." She begs.

"Take care fo them." He nods towards the children standing in the back of the room being comforted by each other.

Pulling back she nods at him, analyzing his features one last time before following Elijah out of the room.

"Nik." Rebekah cries as they make eye contact. She rushes into his arms and holds onto him like a life line. " I'm sorry for being a brat."

"That's what little sisters are for." He assures with a joyful laugh.

"Go find your happiness." She croaks.