𝑺𝑯𝑬'𝑺 𝑳𝑶𝑺𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑯𝑬𝑹 𝑩𝑨𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬

• • •

• • •

After the kids and I get off the plane they're immediately met with an excited Caroline Forbes. But I knew better, I know my sister was sickly worried on the inside, but would never show it in front of the kids.

"Aunt Caroline!!" The twins squeal, they both run up and hug her tightly in a sandwich.

They always loved being around her, Lizzie was practically a carbon copy of her at our age.

"Hey guys!" She squeals and hugs them back just as hard.

Alec and Jace walk up to greet her with a kiss on the cheek and a hug.
She turns her head towards me and if you looked hard enough you could see her eyes getting slightly teary. Yet she conceals it with a soft smile.

She speeds over to me at a human pace seeing as we were in the middle of the airport, bringing me in a bone breaking hug.

I nod as if understanding what she's trying to say through the hug and whisper only audible to her, "We'll talk soon."

We break apart as the kids start to look at us in slight suspicion. I just saw Caroline a couple of weeks ago so the way we were acting now was no doubt suspicious.

"Let's go! I rented out a villa just for us!" Caroline excitedly says covering up her true emotions.

After the kids get settled in they all decide they want to go site seeing together. Me and Caroline stayed behind to talk, although we told them I was too jet lagged and Caroline promised the girls to take them shopping later. We sit in the living room in silence as she just stares at me with a look of grief on her face as if I'm already dead but still processing it.

"How much longer?" She whispers, barely loud enough for me to hear her.

"A couple of weeks at most." I say nodding my head still trying to process it myself. I've never been afraid of dying, just afraid of what I'm leaving behind.

She abruptly stands up yelling, "Then we call Bonnie! We tell her that it's time! We tell her that at no cost are you going to die! That we need to start looking for cures now!"

"Care..." I whisper looking at the floor, though she continues ranting in denial.

"What could've changed in these past few months! He said that when you're the most content or happy with your life that it would happen! Nothing has changed! We were supposed to have forever! This isn't supposed to be real!" She yells with tears forming in her eyes. After a couple moments of silence she says, "Why are you being so quiet?"

I feel her eyes piercing into me as I look up. I clear my throat looking towards the ceiling praying that if there was a god out there that he wouldn't make my family suffer this way, no matter how much I have sinned in my past.

"The Mikaelsons are back." I say simply with a shrug as if it's no big deal.

Her face contorts to surprise and then into confusion.