𝑺𝑯𝑬'𝑺 𝑭𝑨𝑳𝑳𝑰𝑵𝑮

"She's laying there dying

"She's laying there dying. She's had so many regrets. She's barely ever left this town. The two loves of her life left her. She was a single mother. But she was the best damn person any one will ever of have ever had the pleasure of meeting."

• • •

Camilla and Caroline rush around the boarding school getting everything ready for the schools yearly family day. Well, it was more like Camilla fixing every flaw she spotted and Caroline hovering over her, making sure she doesn't over exert herself.

This is the one time a year all the kids get to see their families, unless they leave during break but most rarely did, so it had to be perfect.

"Cami everything looks great! There's not much more you can fix!" Caroline exclaims as she tries to catch up with her sister's fast pacing.

"Everything needs to be perfect." Camilla says sternly.

They walk into the kitchen and Caroline tells them all to take a break and clear out of the kitchen. She faces her sister with her hands on her hips.

"Why are you stressing so hard about this?" She questions cautiously, feeling like she was talking to a ticking time bomb.

Camilla sighs loudly but ultimately
ignores her and keeps going.

"Camilla! Stop!" Caroline yells beginning to become frustrated and worried.

"What Caroline! You want me to stop! I can't stop! Because today could be my last day! I could not wake up tomorrow! I could never see my kids again! This is my last impression on the school I am leaving behind!" Camilla yells with blurry eyes.

Caroline opens her mouth to speak but another voice beats her to it.

"W-what?" The voice says shakily.

Both of the sisters eyes snap towards the door where Alaric stands wide eyed, eyes darting between the women.

"Nothing Ric just-" she gets cut off when he yells.

"No! You need to tell me what the hell is going on! You've been acting weird ever since you left for your trip to see Caroline in Paris! What the hell is happening!" He yells frustrated.

"Im dying." Is all Camilla says emotionlessly staring at him while trying to gauge his reaction.

His face goes into shock and he opens his mouth to react but closes it.

"What are you talking about?" He says after a few moments, finally finding the will to speak.

"I'm dying, that's all you need to know for now because I have a family day to plan." Camilla says walking out of the room leaving him in complete shock.