𝑴𝒀𝑺𝑻𝑬𝑹𝒀 𝑩𝑶𝒀

Hope walks down the stairs with Lizzie and Josie to see her dad reading a book on the sofa

"Hey dad, where's aunt Freya?" She questions curiously, having not seen the older witch since yesterday morning.

"Good morning to you too Hope. Lizzie, Josie." He nods with a sly smirk.

"Yeah, where is she?" Hope questions with a hand on her hip.

"She went with Alaric to recruit another student." He says, with an eyebrow raised when all the girls share a look. "What is that look for?"

"I've been hearing aunt Freya and Aunt Kelin arguing on the phone at night... and she's been spending an awful amount of time with Mr. Saltzman." Hope says with a gesture of her hand.

"Oh nonsense Hope, Freya would never." He looks towards the twins. "No offense loves."

"Ugh, none taken. Dad was never a chic magnet." Lizzie scoffs, as if it was unbelievable he was her father.

"Where are your brothers, if I may ask?" Klaus questions, the boys had asked him to train them today.

When none of the girls speak up he nods his head in understanding. Setting his book down he brings them into a big hug. "I'll go see to it that they come home soon. Go do whatever you girls do."

Speeding towards the Cemetery he sees the two boys sitting silently near Cami's grave.

"It's a nice day out today, yeah?" Klaus interrupts as both boys heads snap towards him. "Shouldn't you boys be doing school work before our training session?"

"We just wanted to see her." Alec responds, a soft tone in his voice.

Klaus nods his head fondly. Taking a moment of his own to stare at the headstone.

Jace and Alec stand up and dust off their pants. "Let's go."

"I'll be right behind you." Klaus responds, both boys nodding in understanding before walking away.

Walking towards the grave he takes a seat that was previously taken by Jace. "Hello, little one."

Looking around the at the bright green trees he lets out a small smile. "You know when Caroline told me after the funeral about you checking up on me and me never even knowing it I thought about how only you could ever sneak up on me. Had you been an enemy I would have been dead a long time ago." He chuckles.

"She told me about how you saw me with Camille. That I looked at her like I looked at you. That you thought I was finally happy so you left me alone." He's silent for a moment before continuing. "If only you knew I looked at her like that because I would convince myself she was you. I would find myself calling her Cami, she always thought it was because I shortened her name but it was because of you."

"I was so busy trying to pretend that I hadn't even noticed you sitting at a table by that Café. I saw a familiar head on blonde hair but I refused to let myself look because I figured I would only receive disappointment when it wasn't you." A lone tear slides down his cheek as he smiles sadly down at the grave. "Had I known it was you I would've begged you to stay. Found out we had a whole family together. And I would've spent every single day making up for my mistake. I'm so sorry I didn't notice you, little one."

"It will be one of my biggest regrets next to leaving you in this town, of my life." He whispers, pressing a chaste kiss on the top of the head stone and then leaving.

Unaware she had heard everything, smiling softly at him.

When he gets near the school he notices all of the kids outside of Alaric's car along with two unknown boys, Alaric, and Freya.

"Freya, what is this?" He questions confused as he sees both his son and the boy he considers a son glaring at the two boys.

"Klaus, this is Landon Kirby and Rafael Waithe." Alaric introduces before Freya got the chance to.

"Ah! The new students, I presume." He nods his head.

"Hope says she knows Landon." Jace grumbles, both him and Alec having tense and cold looks on their face.

Meanwhile Josie and Lizzie are practically sending heart eyes at the Waithe boy.

Klaus turns towards a red faced Hope, confused. "When did you get to know this boy?"

Hope looks towards the sky in annoyance. It was times like these that she wished her mother was here more than usual.

"Alright... Rafael the twins will give you a tour and Landon lets go to my office." Alaric says before things could get any more awkward.

"Bye Hope." Both Lizzie and Josie say in sync. With a wave of their hand they grab the boy by his arms and are out of sight. Klaus narrows his eyes at the thought of the two girls liking the wolf.

Later on Klaus is walking past the 'Stefan Salvatore memorial library' when he hears the sound of his daughters voice.

"My dad was the villain... in all of these stories. The man you met earlier." Hope whispers sadly.

Klaus sighs sadly yet angry at himself for making his daughter feel bad about his past.

"In these stories there's always this woman that everyone talks about. I mean she sounds amazing." Landon practically gushes as he skims through the books.

"Yeah she was." Hope whispers sadly, her eyes drifting towards the picture of Camilla and Stefan up on the wall.

"Did you know her?" Landon asks curiously. Though it was very obvious that the girl did.

"She was my mother." Hope simply states, shoving away all of her sad thoughts.

"Was?" The Kirby boy asks cautiously.

"A few months ago, she saved my aunt from dying. And in return she ended up dying." Hope says, hoping to make the story as simple as possible with out bringing in details.

"I'm sorry." Landon says sincerely. Anyone could tell how much the woman's death still hurt her. "I wish I could've met her."

"She would've liked you. She liked everyone." Hope shrugs indifferently. "But it always seems like the people who become the most important to me disappear."

Clearing her throat she realized how off topic they got. "Let's go. Mr. Saltzman is waiting for us." And with out another word she walks ahead of him and down the hallway.

Klaus speeds away before she could see that he was there eaves dropping and he feels like he could cry.

Hearing Hope speak about him that way... even though he knew it was his own doing still hurt. Along with the raw emotion in which she talked about her mother was still paining him.

"Was I the villain in her story?"
Klaus suddenly questions out loud, no doubt feeling the other persons presence near him in the nearly empty hallway.

"She knew that you were never the villain in her story." Caroline responds with a soft smile.