𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑺 𝑰𝑺 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑯𝑨𝑹𝑫𝑬𝑺𝑻 𝑷𝑨𝑹𝑻

—

Caroline had Jace carry Cami to her room to lie on her on her bed. As she turns around from tucking her sister in she sees everyone there crowding in the room. Tear streaked faces and confusion. She's takes in a deep breath, she needed the strength to get through this with out completely falling apart.

"Caroline what's happening?" Klaus asks with a demanding tone.

"She is dying. Her body is rotting from the inside out. There's poison spreading through her heart." She responds with a curt nod. Proud of herself for being able to say it with out breaking down.

"We'll find a cure, we'll find who did this, we have to." Jace says pacing as Alec and the twins nod in agreement.

Caroline shakes her head.
"We can't find him anymore. We know exactly where he is and that's exactly where he's staying." She says sternly.

"What do you mean! She is dying! And you don't even want to try to help her! What kind of sister are you!" Alec yells in anger.

"Alec!" Alaric warns with a shake of his head.

"No. No it's okay Ric." Caroline says with tears in her eyes. "You need to hear the full story to understand."

Kol ignored all of their banter and walked towards her bed side. He brushes the hair out of her face and whispers in her ear.

"You can't die. I just got you back. I doubt Stefan is as much fun to hang out with compared to me. Just wake up darling." One large tear falling down the right side of his cheek.

Everyone goes silent as they watch the psychopathic Mikaelson shedding a tear for one of the most important woman in his life. He lays his forehead onto hers when he feels a familiar mental pull. It was weak but he could still feel it, instead of fighting it he gave in, closing his eyes with a deep breath.

He looks around and sees he's in the mystic falls grave yard. Where he and Camilla had spent most of their time on the other side.

"Kol?" He hears a small weak voice croak. Turning towards the sound he sees her.

He speeds to a very weak looking Camilla and pulls her into a tight embrace.

"Oh darling, always one for the dramatics." He says laughing through his tears.

She grabs his face and sternly says, "We don't have long Koala Bear. But I need you to promise me something."

"What are you-" he says with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Just listen. Promise me you won't blame yourself. It's not your fault! Thank you so much for being my best friend. I love you so much Kol." She says with tears rushing down her face. "But it's already time for you to go back."

"Wait-" she shoves him and he stumbles in the real world onto the floor as everyone stares at him in shock but he just stares at her.

His head snaps to Caroline as he yells. "Why would she say it's not my fault, what is she talking about!"