𝑰𝑵 𝑨𝑵𝑶𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑹 𝑳𝑰𝑭𝑬

They had been sitting in Camillas room in silence, her having no clue what was to come of this conversation and Klaus trying to memorize every detail of her

"Stefan's going to be back soon, we best get on with it." She says looking towards the window in slight dread.

" I regretted sleeping with Hayley the moment it happened, watching you relive all of your memories made me realize how bad I had actually hurt you." He says staring into her eyes trying to show her how sincere he truly was.

"Look Nik..." she starts but he cuts her off. "Just let me finish what I'm about to say." She nods silently. "I hurt you so badly that you wanted to die." Her head snaps towards him in question.

"When you regained your memories you relived all of your worst ones in front of us all." He says solemnly while she looks towards the ground in embarrassment and sadness. She never wanted anyone to see her like that, especially not him or the kids.

"You will never truly know how sorry I am for that, watching someone you love cry on the floor begging to die is something I never wish to see again in my immortal life. Especially because I was the cause of it." He watches as tears slowly flow down her face and he wanted nothing more than to stop them.

"You know people lie." He says suddenly trying to lift her mood. She lifts her head and raises a brow quizzically, wiping her traitorous tears. "You dont only get one epic love." He says tears building in his eyes and hers doing the same. "I may have been your first epic love but I believe Stefan is your last." He finishes honestly.

He never wanted to accept it but he knew the scars ran too deep for her to ever truly move on with him. He'd never stop loving her, it would be difficult watching her be happy with Stefan but as long as she was happy he was okay with it.

Her breath hitches in her throat when she finally realizes the real reason he was here. This was closure of some sort for the both of them. She didn't exactly want to be with him and pick up where their love story left off but officially saying goodbye, romantically, to your first love would never not hurt.

"I may never get another chance at a love like ours, but I'm okay with that. I got my redemption once Hope was born like everyone had wished. But you, you're far too good for this world to only have one." He says going to sit by her and grabbing a hold of her hand, giving it a gently squeeze. "You will have no problems from me, if you wish to be with Stefan again." He says softly rubbing her cheek one last time.

"A part of me will always love you, you broke me but it made me who I am today. You gave me memories no one could ever replace nor could I forget." She confesses. "I love Stefan so much, he saved me from myself when he, himself was in such a world of pain. His brother stole his epic love and it just happened. I am beyond happy he's back, but you weren't just a lover to me Klaus. Before we fell in love you were my bestfriend." She reminds him.