𝑾𝑨𝑹𝑴 𝑪𝑼𝑫𝑫𝑳𝑬𝑺

• • •

• • •

Camilla and Kol arrive back at the Salvatore boarding school in the late hours of the evening. They both sit in silence as Kol contemplates his next words.

"I know that was hard for you, darling." He breaks the silence with a sigh. "No matter what has happened in the past, you just had to say goodbye for the third time to a man you were once deeply in love with."

Camilla stares out of the passenger side window deep in thought for a moment. "I've accepted it, you know? Dying. But I can't help but think, what if this is really the last time I'm seeing all of them? What if there is no peace after death for people like us, just emptiness."

"I refuse to believe that." Kol strongly argues. "Because while the world has been cruel, harsh, and many other things to me in my one thousand years of living... it would be down right bloody wrong for it to curse me to never see you again."

"When I die... can you promise me that you'll always take care of the kids? I know you have your own life with Davina but... I need to be one hundred percent sure that no matter what happens they will always have that kind of protection." She whispers tearfully.

Kol sniffles but nods his head repeatedly. "You have my word darling. And I promise the rest of my family will do right by you this time."

There was a hidden meaning behind those words, both of them knew it. The Mikaelsons failed her the first time around, but they would all take care of the remaining Forbes bloodline for as long as they lived after her death. Because they let her down so hard the first time, they owed it to her to do this. And they would.

Both of their heads shoot, startled, when they hear the front doors to the boarding school open. And there in the pouring rain stood a tense hybrid.

"I believe you two have some things to talk about, goodnight darling." Kol pats her knee and quickly leaves the car. He rushes towards the door and whispers something that Camilla couldn't quite hear into his brothers ear before walking inside, presumably to see his wife.

Klaus slowly walks towards the car and hesitantly opens the car door, taking the seat that his brother had previously occupied.

"It's not what you're thinking Nik." Camilla softly comments when she notices his tense jaw, and how he had been constantly avoiding her eyes.

She gently grabs his jaw and forces him to face her, rubbing his stubble with her thumb.

"Do you still love him?" He whispers. His eyes full of hurt and worry. It made Camilla feel guilty and regret that she didn't tell him where she was going in the first place.

Immediately she shakes her head frantically, sitting up on her knees in the passenger seat she now places both of her hands on his cheeks and pleads for him to believe her. "I will always love him but I'm no longer in love with him. I'm in love with you Nik."