6 THE TRICK

Zhan started his title as an unemployed. With his saving which is not much in his bank account, he tried to survive. He started to get a new job. He's not a high educated person. He only graduated from a high school which is far from the quality high school in the big city with high fee. So, he tried to apply his CV from factory to factory with the reference from his previous working place. But none of the factories willing to hire him. The reason must be if Zhan's education and work reference weren't fit in their work field, or they are not hiring anymore workers.

Zhan's enthusiasm dropped. In these few days, he had gone to at least 13 factories, from textiles to garments, even the hardware manufacturers. None of them willing to hire him. He felt his hope has gone. He needed to send money home, and his saving getting thinner and lesser every day. He also needs to continue his life by eating and pay for the shelter he is under now. And it's been two weeks since he lost the job. He wanted to cry, but he tries to hold it back and swallow the bitter pill all by himself. He never complain to anyone or show how desperate he is in front of other people. He didn't want people pity him and feel sorry for him.

"Please...! I need the job so bad!" Zhan pleaded at a man in the counter of a club, after he decided to go home and he saw a flyer that pasted on the wall next to the club which informed him that the club needs more worker.

"You can see we don't have anymore place for you to fit in here!" replied the man in the counter.

"But I saw the flyer on the wall over there! You need more worker!" said Zhan.

"But that job is... Argh! You better talk to the manager! I have no right for this!" said the man in frustration.

Zhan's face beamed brightly. He feels there is a new hope that he will be able to get the job in this club. So, he followed the man when he signals him to follow him to the manager's office.

Knock! Knock!

The man knocked on the office door.

"Come in!" a woman's voice shouted faintly from inside the room.

The man pushed the door open. He entered the room and let the door open to allow Zhan to get in, too.

"Madam Tussaud...!" the man greeted and bowed at the woman in her 40s who was sitting on the manager's desk.

Zhan wanted to laugh when he heard the man addressing the woman. It sounds funny, calling the manager Madame Tussaud like a Wax Museum.

The woman lifted her face from her paperwork. Ahh...! No wonder she called Madame Tussaud. Her face was look like Marie Tussaud, the France-born wax artist. A museum's face.

The woman looked at the man, then turned to Zhan. A smile which creepy in Zhan's eyes, formed on Madame Tussaud's thin and long lips.

"Who's this cutie?" asked Madame Tussaud.

Before he answers, the man glanced at Zhan first. Then he turned to look at Madame Tussaud again.

"He wants to apply the job as the cleaner!" replied the man.

"What??" Zhan snapped when he heard what the man just said.

The man glanced at him and raised his brows, gesturing Zhan to not speak first.

Zhan dropped his shoulders which were carried the enthusiasm a while ago. But now he had to realize that the job he was applying is the janitor is he same work that offered by the Police Captain.

"Ooh...! I don't know if you can fit in this job, Sweetie...!" said the woman with a faked sad face.

At the other side, Zhan who was desperate looking for the job for weeks and gets none, finally he decided.