10 THE EYES

Yibo came back to his apartment that night. He whistled a song along the corridor.  He looked much happier compares with the days he's been through before.

Suddey there is a hand grabbed his shoulder and yanked it backward. Yibo yelped out of surprise, and he grunted when his back hiyrs the wall behind him a little hard.

"Agh!"

And there was the soud of laughter follows the action. Yibo looked at the person who just attacked him, and he glared at the person. It was a man dressed up in a nice suits.

"Bastard!" Yibo cursed.

The man who attacked him still continue laughing, releasing Yibo when Yibo slams his hand off.

"You should more aware anytime, Bo! You're a cop after all, ma?" The man said with remaining of chuckles after the laugh.

Yibo still glaring at the man while pushed him away and began to walk again to his unit. The man walked too, catching up with him. He slung his hand over Yibo's shoulder. His smile was wide, showing the neat and white small teeth. His small and slanted eyes turned into crescent moon when the corner of his mouth curl up into wide toothy smile.

"Fuck you!" Zhan retorted.

"You look so happy today, Bro! Is there anything I missed out?" Asked the man.

"Nothing. Can't I feel happy sometimes?" Yibo snorted.

"But there is a reason behind everything!" Replied the man.

Yibo took a deep breath. He unclocked the door and opened it. Then he entered the house. The other man followed him.

"I thought you're out of the town...!" Said Yibo after he threw the shoes at the foyer.

"I came back yesterday night. Then, I remember you just now,.so I decided to pay a visit to your house...!" Replied the man.

Yibo went to the kitchen and took out two cans of beer from the fridge. He came back to the living room where the man has seated on the couch casually. Yibo threw one can of the beer to the other man.

"Anchor? Your taste is incredibly low, my didi....!" The man chuckled, but he still flicked the bottle's ring to consume the beer.

"As long as it can gets me drunk, it's ok for me...!" Yibo said flatly. He sat on the single couch and started to chug in his beer.

The man chuckled.

"I heard you are close to somebody now...!" Said the man, raised one of his eyebrows teasing at Yibo.

"Tch! Rubbish!" Yibo gushed. Again, he chugged in his beer until it's finished.

"Are you sure you chosed that boy?" Asked the man, ignoring Yibo's denial.

"What boy?" Yibo scowled.

"Tch! Your subordinate told me this afternoon when I met him in the street, that you got a pattner to work, but he said he never seen the boy in any department...!" Said the man.

"Aiya! He's only... Someone who needs to be protected. Anyway,  he was free to follow me...!" Replied Yibo.

"Do you mean... A witness?" The man said with a serious tone.

"Not that wahy I mean. He's only an innocent civilian, ma? And he needs job here!" Said Yibo.

"So, you decided to recruit him into the department? What a generous guy my bro is! Hahahaha!" The man laughed.

Yibo glared at him. He threw the can that he has smacked it before to the other man.

"How's the business?" Asked Yibo, changed the subject.