37 THE TARGET

Zhan walked on the pavement slowly. His lower back is still pain. He wanted to lie down and sleep, to be honest. But he wasn't ready to go home, yet. Yes, Yibo wasn't around. That's why. He had a feel that he misses the man abnormally after he heard the confession from Ray just now. He felt sorry for Yibo. No. He felt guilt. Yibo was very close to his brother, Sun Er, and it turns out that he's the cause of the missing Cherry. And he even has tried to harm Nirse Helena. Maybe, if Ray never comes that time, he would kill her, too.

But how did he know about Cherry as a witness? As he remembered, no one else knew about her being a witness except him, Yibo and Oppa. Yibo told them to not telling anyone about her. Is this mean one of them has.leaked it out?

Zhan sighed. He dipped his hands into his coat's pocket. Despite it was afternoon, but the weather was cold. He even breathes out the breath condensate from his mouth. He looked around the shops that stand in a row at one side of the pavement. And he saw a shoe's shop. He stood in front of the glass display of the shop and window shopping some of the shoes that displayed.on the glass window to be shown off to attract the buyers.

Zhan smiled. He remembered when he was jobless, even now also he still is. He only could do a window shopping the goods with no intention to buy them because he has to think about the rent, daily expenses, and his family. He turned his gaze on his shoes. His new shoes. A pair of red and green Li Ning shoes. Yibo has bought them for him a while ago. Zhan played his toes inside the shoes. Then he smiled.

"Zhan!"

A voice snapped him from his attention on the shoes. He raised his head and looked around to find where the voice comes from.

Zhan stunned when he looks at the crowd of people who walked back and forth in the pavement, passing by him and the shops and other building on one side of the pavement. And he saw Yibo was walking about 30 meters away from him.

Zhan shown a fond smile when he saw the man. The cold breeze suddenly became warm when he found the man in the crowd.

Yibo walked proudly toward him. He didn't smile, but his gaze and expression showing that he is in love when he looks at Zhan.

Zhan didn't move. He only watched the man walked with his manly character, waiting for him to approach him.

Click! Clack!

Yibo's sharp hearing suddenly caught the sound of a gun being setting up between the bustling street.. He snapped his head to the sound when he saw a  shiny black car was gliding smoothly on the road with the front passenger seat's window is open halfway. And Yibo widdened his eyes when he saw a long gun with a silencer on it was popping out of the window and pointing at somewhere. He followed the trace where the gun was pointing at. And he felt his heart drops and created a pang of pain inside him.

Yibo turned his eye to the person who kept smiling softly at him, then he ran as fast as he could crashing into the crowd, shoving anyone who stand on his way and ignoring the curses from the people he bumps into.

"Zhan! Watch out! At four clockwise!!" Yibo shouted while crashing the people. "All get down! Get down!!!" Yibo to the people.

But the people looked at him confusedly and some even looked at him weirdly, thought Yibo was so strange and annoying.

Zhan dropped his smile instantly, aware about what Yibo shouted at him even though he couldn't hear him clearly due to the noise created by the vehicles and the people.

At the other side, Yibo wished that there is a wonder woman who will come in a flash and stands before Zhan to catch the bullet like in a movie ( sorry, I laughed at that movie when I saw it on TikTok for the comparison with other movies. I don't know what movie the sxene was in) before it gets shot on Zhan when he saw that the gun was releasing a hot bullet. Buti nstead, he crashed and pushed the people until they fall on the ground before he could get to Zhan.