23 RAVING THE ROMANCE

Zhan and Yibo were on the way home that night. They drove in silent. Zhan looked exhausted after Yibo brought him around for investigation. He leaned his head on the window, eyes wandering on the street, looking at the people who walk on the pavement, the florist who still selling the morning flowers in the night, and a lot of kind of the street vendors.

Yibo glanced at the boy. He felt guilty for involving him in the case, But he couldn't help it because he needs him since he's very good in analyzing the cases and his analyzes are logic and acceptable which mean might true. This village boy who never taste the academic education to the higher level, has educated himself to be a detective. Yibo was amazed with him. Zhan was only a simple village boy who came to the city in the hope he would be able to fix the family's financial and sends his younger sisters to the school to get a better education compare to him. He's such a filial child  and sibling.

Yibo raised his hand that holding the gear knob and moved it to touch Zhan's hand that rested on the center compartment. But he quickly retrieved his hand back when Zhan turned to him and spoke.

"Why haven't you release Ray? He's innocent...!" said Zhan.

Yibo was nervous internally because he almost caught in the act. He gulped the bile in his throat and clear it out while focusing on the road. Zhan stared at him, demanding the explanation from the Captain.

Feels being looked at, Yibo turned to Zhan.

"What?" Yibo asked.

"You heard me!" retorted Zhan.

Yibo turned his focus back to the road. Again, Yibo cleared his throat before he answering Zhan.

"The system is not work that simple, Zhan...! Ray is having the evidence that he was around the scene when the murder was happening. Or, at least, he's the key witness...!" said Yibo, started to explain.

"Why didn't you arrest me, too? I also was around the scene when the murder occurred...!" asked Zhan.

Yibo glanced at Zhan.He chuckled. He turned back to the road.

"The evidence you have is different from Ray. Ray has the evidence of the object that related to the victim. But you have the evidence of the subject that prove you not guilty...!" said Yibo.

"What subject?" Zhan frowned.

"Me," replied Yibo.

Zhan startled. He glared at the Captain with a flustered face. Yibo glanced at him again, then he let out a small laugh.

"Why do you need to bush when I mention myself?" asked Yibo, teasing the boy.

"What? Who's blushing? I'm not!" denied Zhan. He turned his face to the window again, wandering on the street.

Yibo smiled broadly. Unconsciously, he stroked the back of Zhan's head which makes Zhan surprised. He turned to the Captain and looks at him.

"Are you hungry? Let's get supper at that noodle shop!" said Yibo, avoiding Zhan's wonder eyes.

Zhan turned to the road. Yibo pulled over the road side in front of the noodle shop on the road side. There were a few people who still sitting around the stall and enjoying their drink and soup.

Yibo and Zhan jumped off the Jeep and walked to the shop. They took a table to sit. The uncle who owned the shop came and welcomed them.

"Get us two bowsl of rice noodle soup, Uncle!" said Yibo. He put  some bills on the table which taken by the shop owner immediately.

"Yes! Yes! Coming in a minute!" said the shop owner. He ran to his cart where he cooks the noodle.

"Do you always come here to eat?" asked Zhan.