13 THE BACKGROUND

"Move in to my house!"

Zhan startled when Yibo declaring his intention.

"What? No!" Zhan yelled. "Do you want to imprisoned me?'

Yibo sat back on the chair.

"It's for your safety sake, Zhan!" Said Yibo.

"I-I can't!" Replied Zhan.

"Zhan, they recognized you. Now they only waiting for the right time to get rid of you. I think they want to play with you before they erase you!" Yibo tried to reassure Zhan.

"I... I'll be fine. I'm a man..." Zhan muttered.

"No. You won't. This man is a killer. A serial killer. He's surely very dangerous. You need someone to keep you safe. To protect you. ...!" Said Yibo.

Zhan didn't answer. He curled up on his seat. Deep inside, he was worried too if the murderer would come anytime and finish him. But he also can't accept Yibo's offer. Not because he didn't trust the Captain. But whenever the Captain is around he feels awkward by the way he's flirting with him. Zhan refused to admit that he was blushing everytime the Captain flirts him. But inside him he was unable to deny that he feels warm and excited to see the captain.

"Zhan?"

Yibo's voice snapped him from his dilemma thoughtful. He turned his eyes to his hands where Yibo held them. Zhan quickly retrieved his hands back from Yibo's.

"I-I don't like to stay at somebody's house...!" Said Zhan.

"Why? Am I only somebody to you?" Asked Yibo.

Zhan turned to Yibo.

"Then who are you to me, do you think?" Zhan scowled .

"Your friend? Your crush?" Yibo grinned at Zhan.

Zhan flinched. He pushed Yibo away who leans in to him.

"Shameless!" Zhan grumbled. "Who have crush on you?"

Yibo chuckled. He pulled his chest back.

"Alright. For your information, I stay alone. There is no much rules in my house. I won't apply any to you. You only need to come back home on time, so I can monitor your safety. Answer me whenever I call you. Feel free as it in your own home...!" Said Yibo.

"That's too many!" Cried Zhan.

"Zhan. Please? I can't risk your life when I know you are the target of a murder...!" Begged Yibo.

"I..."

"Do you trust me?"

"I-I..."

Yibo stared at Zhan full of hope that the other male willing to move into his place.

"But let me keep doing my job!" said Zhan giving a condition.

"But not late at night!"

"I can't!"

"Why you can't? You can ask the manager to change your shift!"

"Captain! I'm working in the club! Night club. What time do you expect it will be opened?"

"You can ask the manager to reduce your working time!"

"Are you nuts? I'm a new worker! I can't just give a condition like that to my manager!"

"I will talk to your manager!"

"By tell her what? That because I'm a witness that have to be protected? Are you helping me or exposing me?"