20 WORK TOGETHER

Zhan and Yibo reached home.

"I'm hungry. Is there anything to cook?" Asked Zhan, dumping his bag on the floor.

"You can check inside the fridge," replied Yibo, closing the door and throwing his shoes off in the foyer.

Zhan glanced at the Captain, but he didn't say a thing. He remembered this morning he found the fridge was empty. There were only a few bottles of beer and frozen junk food. Honestly, his stomach wasn't comfortable with those kind of food. He used to eat the newly fresh cooked food even though he only buy them at the street vendors most of thr time.

Zhan opened the fridge and he stunned. He glanced at Yibo who now sitting on the couch, watching the TV . Then he turned back into the fridge. The fridge loaded with fresh fruits and veg. There were some fresh meat and fish, too. The way the goods stuffed inside the fridge, as if the person just dumped everything inside without intention to organize it. Everything dumped on the same space, the upper space of the fridge. When Zhan opened the bottom of the fridge, it was empty.

Zhan glanced again at Yibo then shook his head.

"I think this Captain born with a silver spoon in his mouth...." Zhan thought to himself.

Then he took the stuff out of the fridge and rearranged them, organized them into the space they are suppose to be in. He put aside some of them to cook later.

Little did he know, that afternoon Yibo asked his subordinate, the female cop who has a crush on him to buy all those stuff and leave them in the cabinet in front of his apartment. He already decided to take Zhan away from the club even before Zhan complains about his job. He wanted to keep Zhan by his side, didn't allow him to get too close with the other Janitor called Ray Zhao.

Unconsciously, Yibo fell asleep on the couch, while Zhan was busy cooking. During cooking time, Zhan didn't bother about Yibo's silence, although he feels a little bit strange with it. Yibo didn't speak much along the way home. He didn't tease him as he used to do to him. But Zhan didn't take it seriously. Maybe Yibo is too tired, what Zhan thought.

Zhan has done cooking. He walked to the living room to call Yibo for dinner. He was just about to touch the man's shoulder to wake him up when his eyes caught something sparkling under the light on the floor. Zhan crouched down to pick it up amd observed it.

It's a clip. A tie clip made from gold and fine crystals. The sparks flashing when the lights hit it more.

"Hmm... I think I have seen this clip somewhere...." Zhan talked in his mind.

"Don't touch!"

Zhan startled when suddenly a hand snatched the clip inside the plastic bag in his hand. He turned to the couch where Yibo has sat up and slipped the thing into his jeans pocket.

"Dinner is ready....!" Said Zhan, gets up and walks to the dining table.

Yibo rubbed his face. He accidentally dropped the clip when he was observing it to make sure that it belongs to Sun Er, and then he fell asleep. When he found Zhan was picking up and observing it, he was surprised and raised his voice to the boy.

Yibo turned his head at the dining table where Zhan was setting up the table. Zhan put two bowls of rice on the table and placed the chopsticks over them, then he sits down. He picked up his bowl and chopsticks. Before he picks up the dish, he glanced at Yibo.

"Come and eat while it's hot and fresh!" Said Zhan. Then he started to eat his dinner, didn't bother to wait for Yibo as the host.

Yibo didn't immediately getting up. He looked at Zhan who savouring his food gratefully. He looks very hungry. Yibo never cook in his life. It's making him feel comfortable and feels his house as a home having Zhan around. Last time, everytime he came home, there would be only emptiness and silence that welcome him. He had a dog once, but it died on a traffic accident a year ago. He decided to not taking any pets anymore, since he doesn't have time to train them and take care of them in the house. He will always left his dog at home, after all.