25 A WARM WELCOME

Zhan spent his time in Ray's house and takes care of Ray's mum. He felt guilty for sending her filial son to jail even though he knows Ray wasn't a suspect. Yet. He heard that Ray's younger sister has to choose to not go to school while her brother was in the police station. He got all the information from Ah Man after he demanded the payment from Madam Tussaud who was visiting her office in the club. Zhan insisted to be paid, so he would be able to use that small amount of money to buy something for the woman.

"Qi Er, what time is your mum get her jab again?" Asked Zhan.

"I gave her jab at 4 in thr morning. So, she has to take another jab before her lunch. 12 it will be!" Replied the young girl.

Zhan glanced to the old woman who was asleep since he came to the house two hours ago.

"She needs to take it in half an hour, then...." Zhan mumbled.

"En!" The young girl nodded.

"Would you mind to tell me about your brother, Ray?" Asked Zhan.

The girl looked at him.

"What do you want to know about him?" The girl asked him back.

Zhan silent before he answered. " Everything."

The girl sighed. She took a stool and sat in front of Zhan.

"Ge ge is a nice person and a hard worker, too. He dedicates his life to take care of Ma and me. He works really hard. In the morning, after he catches some sleep, he will go to work as a newspaper vendor, then go to Aunty Cheng's shop, works as a vegetable vendor. By twelve he'll be back and take care of Ma who left alone at home before he heads to work in the club.....!" Qi Er said.

"Does he have any friends?" Asked Zhan again after hearing about Ray's daily which seems only circled on work and work every day.

Qi Er shook her head.

"I never see Ge Ge talks to any friends or bring some of them to visit our house. What he did is only work, work and work. He seems to not have time to think about himself. About his happiness. There are a few girls had to be rejected by Ge ge when they told him their feelings toward Ge..."

"By any chance, maybe your brother involved with the loanshark?"

"What?" The girl gasped.  "No, no, no! They are the people whom Ge avoid the most. He prefers to get allowance from banks that the loanshark! Ge won't do.that!" She waved her hands in denial.

Zhan glanced at the old woman,.then turned back to Qi Er.

"I'll cook some porridge for your mother. Let's go! Show me the kitchen!" Said Zhan,.getting up from his seat.

The girl nodded. She led Zhan to the kitchen.

In the kitchen,.Zhan preparing to cook, helped by Qi Er.

"Do you know where's your brother gone? Did he tell you?" Asked Zhan, while cutting the garlic. "Wash some rice for me,. please?" He passing a bowl of uncooked rice to the girl.

"He said the manager asked him to send something out of the town...!" Replied Qi Er, grasping on the rice under the tap water. "He said, he needs to spend a few days out of the town before he comes back...!"

Zhan glanced at the girl and nodded. So, Ray didn't tell them that he was arrested.

They spent their time to cook lunch in the kitchen and talked about anything. From here, Zhan got more information about Ray. According to Qi Er's words, Ray was a very good person and won't be able to hurt people without reason or only over the unreasonable reason  although he's been hurt.