Struggling to Trust

We were a good 10 meters away from the kitchen when Jane finally let my arm go, and boy will I tell you she has a very strong grip. "Do you mind, I said no grabbing my arm, it hurts!" I shouted at her and I immediately regretted it because she, out of no where started growling at me, wait why's she growling. I could quite easily see she was getting angry because she had her hands balled into fists and her expression was less than happy, I wasn't sure what to do, she didn't seem to be lashing out at me but she wasn't calming down either, so I came up with a stupid idea and placed my hand on her shoulder.

I don't know why I did it, I guess I did it because that's how I usually calmed down when I was angry and it seemed to work for Jane, almost immediately the growling had stopped and her hands were starting to relax at her sides. "I can't believe I'm saying this but, I'm sorry I shouldn't have shouted like I did, there were other ways to get my point across," I said apologising to her, oh and by the way that's another thing, I'm the weirdest person you'll ever meet and yes I just apologised when I didn't do anything wrong, but it felt like the right thing to do at that moment.

"You shouldn't be the one apologising, I'm.... I'm, Uh I'm sorry, I shouldn't have hurt you, I've just got a time schedule to try and stick to," Wow did Jane just apologise, well it was a strange apology I must admit, it's not that hard to say sorry, but it did make me happy that she apologised it actually made my face go hot which was bizarre, but she seemed like she meant it, "It's okay," I replied meekly and then we continued the rest of the walk in complete silence, as if nothing had just happened.

It seemed like we had to go up a few flights of stairs to get to where the Queens would apparently be. Somehow I knew we weren't far away and the idea made my skin go cold, I just stopped moving up the stairs and grabbed onto the gold banister it's icy feel not helping my current body temperature, I'm sure my skin went pale, and there was no hiding it now I was genuinely petrified, I didn't know what was going to happen or whether I'd even come out alive. Jane must have noticed that I wasn't walking beside her anymore because once I stopped she turned round, probably trying to see why I had stopped. Jane came over to me at the top of the stairs in a fast walk when she realised I wasn't walking up the stairs and when she reached me she bent down so her gaze could meet my own.

As soon as I looked into her ruby eyes I could feel a slight warmth returning to my cheeks, "Everything's going to be alright, Ana I promise you, the Queens wont hurt in fact they'll do the exact opposite I promise, I know you don't trust me and you feel just as scared of me but I would never hurt you and neither would they, if anything we want to protect you and keep you safe, everything will make sense soon but I need you to come with me okay." Jane was acting so calm and relaxed, she talked to me in a way I hadn't heard anyone talk to me in a long time, as if she truly did care. I nodded to her and smiled as all I could think of is how she had said that all her and the Queens wanted to do with me was to protect me and keep me safe, suddenly I felt reassured and I knew I would be okay so I stood up and shocked Jane by walking up to her and giving her a hug not a long one but a nice one that I hope showed my gratitude.

________
Wow guys three chapters in one day aren't you guys lucky, wow are Jane and Ana finally warming up to each other I hope so, they seem to be, well you'll just have to wait and see.

Everyone's favourite Queens will be in the next chapter so stay tuned, until next time my fabulous readers, please vote and comment as always.