Finally my heart is whole

"You don't really see me as scary or intimidating, do you?" Her voice sounded almost broken and her eyes glossed over slightly. I didn't intend on her hurting her feelings, far from actually, I only meant to have a laugh.

"A little bit," I spoke so quietly I barely heard myself speak, I just wanted to be honest with her, I was never one for lying, and didn't think it was a good trait to have.

"Really? I'm sorry I've come across like that, I promise it was never my intention.." She took a deep unneeded breath. "I'm so sorry Princess, I guess I haven't been taking care with what I've said, I never wanted you to be scared of me, I'm just not very good at being the nicest person in the world, and this whole being a mother thing's, very new to me. I don't remember much from my human life, but I do know I never had a great mother, so I don't know what a good mothers meant to be like."

Athenodora hung her head in sadness, and I felt more then bad, I didn't mean to make her so upset, I never knew she didn't have a good mother. I guess I haven't exactly been warm to her either.

"I should apologise to Dora, I wasn't exactly warm or welcoming to you either.." I felt like now was the right time to tell her, a bit about my own past.

I looked down to my hands not knowing how to continue nor where to start, "What's wrong Princess?" Dora asked but I didn't raise my head from my hands, instead I took a deep breath and began.

"It's just, there's something I need to tell you," I took one last deep breath and looked up to Athenodora, who had a soft look on her face.

"Remember the second morning I was here, and we were both arguing and then I compared you to how my mum would tell me off," She looked at me expectantly, "Yes," her voice sounded unsure as if she was trying to put the pieces together.

"Well the reason I was so upset was because you remind me so much of her," Dora then interrupted me with the kindest voice. "You miss her don't you?" She was right, but she didn't understand what that question really meant.

"Ye I've missed her and my dad so, so much for the past 3 years," When I said that I looked up at her to gage her reaction. I could see how everything clicked for her once I finished speaking, and how she appeared to feel guilty.

"Are they...?" Her voice broke and trailed off all at once.

"Yes they past away, it was just me and my brother until I came to Volterra, and then I met you, Cia and Di, and then the whole vampire bonds thing was thrown at me, and I didn't know how to react or think, I got defensive and told myself that if I were to open up to you three, it would be like replacing my mum and dad."

Using her vampire speed and strength, Athenodora had picked me up and placed me on her lap, as she held me close to her chest.

"Oh my little girl I understand now, and I promise you our intent isn't and never will be to replace your birth parents, but to only fill that whole in your heart in the future."

My eyes had watered but no tears had fallen, I was still upset thinking of my mum and dad, but now I was more hopeful of the future then I had ever been before. Now I felt like I could finally open up my heart properly to the Queens, as I had done with Janey.

"I know that now, and I'm ready to move forwards," I snuggled further into Athenodora and her response was to only hold me tighter, as I heard a contented purr coming from her, like how a lioness would sound whilst holding her cub.

"Now I think the first step of accepting this bond would be to start calling you, Di and Cia mum, of course only if that's okay with you guys," I pulled back slightly and smiled at Dora knowing, hopefully, what her answer would be.

"It's a yes from me, but why don't you ask them yourself," I gazed up at her with a confused look "Cia, Di you can come out now!" Wait what, I whipped my head around and saw not only Cia and Di but also Janey.

I jumped off of Dora's lap and ran to give Jane a hug, I guess I hadn't realised how much of the day had passed. I gave Jane a hug, which she gladly responded to and then a quick peck on the cheek.

"So how long have you three been standing there?" I asked feeling slightly embarrassed for not knowing they were there, but not for being watched.

"Long enough," Cia spoke softly, as she bent down slightly to wipe away a stray tear from my cheek.

"So what do you two say, can I call you guys mum?" I asked waiting for an answer, feeling and probably looking very hopeful for their answer to be a yes.

"Of course you can, snowdrop," Didyme bent down ever so slightly and gave me a tight hug after she had spoken. Yay so that was one yes off of Didyme, fingers crossed for Sulpicia now.

"Yes, Yes, A Million Yeses!" Sulpicia squealed with enthusiasm as she picked me up and hugged me just a tad bit to tight.

I looked over to Jane for some help, but she only smirked at my helplessness and I scowled lightly at her.

"Mum just a little to tight, human girl struggling to breath," I spoke but it sounded more like a mumble, but thankfully she got the idea and placed me back down on the grass.

When I was back on the ground I turned to look at everyone. Jane was smiling that smile that seemed to always make me blush and weak in the knees.
Then Didyme smiled as if she was the embodiment of the sun, her hands clasped in front of her.

Sulpicia looked as if it were her Birthday, Christmas and Easter all in one, she could barely stand still and it made me giggle.

Finally Athenodora had walked up to us all from the fountain, and I had never seen her so calm, content and happy since I had met her.

We all embraced in one large hug, and Jane joined us also. Right now everything was perfect, my heart was whole again and I was right where I wanted to be, in the embrace of my mothers and my girlfriend. At that moment everything was perfect, I felt so loved and so wanted.

Finally I had the family I thought I had lost, a long time ago and I never planned on leaving them ever.
___________
Here we are guys, Ana has finally excepted the bonds and has found the family she thought she had lost. What could possibly go wrong now?