✯Back to Past✯

I look at my mother in the mirror, her eyes focused in braiding my hair. More like she is wantedly avoiding me, I know she is still not ready for answering any of my questions.

She meets my eyes and sees the fear in mine. She squeezes my shoulder slightly in reassurance, while her own fingers trembled.

"I know your scared, but mother knows the best," she said trying to pull the corner of her lips into a cure but it slips into a flat line. 

I just nod my head, for I know if I open, I'll burst out crying.

I get up from the seat and take a look at myself in the dressing tables mirror.

I'm wearing a white blouse which covers my arms, the skirt is too green for my liking but it's kinda good on me.

My mother pulls the blue matching veil around me and over my right shoulder. She finishes my look with jwellery designs which I have never seen before. 

She takes my hand and walks me to my fate.

(Jyothi's dress)

I lift my skirt up as I walk down the grand stairs.

I don't know what happened when I fell unconscious. So I have no information regarding what is going to happen to me.

My mother halts in front of the unknown man. She looks into his eyes speaking a unknown language, which only they know.

"Kana.... I trust her with you," my mother speaks with such love and affection, she doesn't even speak with my dad too like that.

Though I have never seen them fight, I did not see such love in her eyes.

She takes my hands on hers, but her eyes never leaving his.

She places my hands in his and he squeezes my hands reassuringly.

"You can trust me," The man says giving me a genuine smile, then looking at mom.