✯SOMEONE✯

I entered my family's hanging out room. Here we spent private time together as a family chatting and sometimes discussing private stuff.

Only my mother and brothers could enter here. My brother's wifes also couldn't enter here except for draupadi of course. 

"Karna, how have you been doing?" my mother inquired as soon as I entered in. All my brother's were looking at each nervously.

They looked like they wanted to ask me something but dare didn't open their mouth, eventhough I have not denied them anything till date.

After analysing them all I sit down.

"I'm doing just fine mother." I responded to mother's earlier question.

"We'll that's reliving to hear." She replied pressing her hand to her chest.

"Do you know that finally Vignesh's to be bride has finally arrived." She informed me with a satisfactory smile on her face that her grandson is soon going to get married.

"Well that's great. I thought he is never going to tell us about his daughter." I joked.

"Yeah Krishna is too good with us. We must repay his kindness." She added with gratefullness.

"Yes we surely must." I responded. Just then I  noticed yudhishthira indicating something to mother, she too nods in response and turns towards me.

Why is there a sudden unsettling feeling in me?

"Karna may I ask you something?" She asked.

"Sure mother." I answered with uncertainty.

"When are you going to get ready for marriage?" I should have see it coming.

"Mother can we please not have this talk now." I pleaded her but I could see the stubbornness in her eyes.

"See you don't have to tell me when to do what. Mother knows the best." She ordered in a female authoritative voice.

"But I'm not interested please don't force me." I put forth my decision frimly.

"Why don't you just marry draupadi like your brothers." she pushes that though again in my mind.

"Mother I don't want any women in my life." Just then the flashes of the country side girl rushes into my mind like a unleashed beast.

Her bare body cutting the nerves my sanity, were enough to arouse me even without any physical contact.

I immediately erased the thought out of my mind.

"Karna are you here." I heard my mothers voice blowing in my ear.

"I'm done here. I'll return back in a few days." I walk out of the room towards the stable.

"But tommorow there is the engagement ceremony." Arjuna roared getting in his feet too.

"Your his father. It's not important for me to be here." I reasoned out in a clam out from voice.

"But brother your the eldest." It was bhima who spoke out now.

"Mother will be there as the eldest of the family."

I walked out before anyone would protest against my decision. It was raining out as I walked to the stable.

Just when I was about to get on my horse a hand stops me. I turn around to see draupadi looking at me with hurt and anger.

"What is that you want?" I groaned with all the irritation everyone was causing me.

"Why is that you don't want to marry me?" She lashed out at me.

"Because I'm not interested in you." I talked with equal venom in my voice.

"Why is that am I not beautiful enough." She asks in a silky pursuasive voice.

I look down at her, she doesn't have that slim figure nor that lusious lips or that dusky tan. Her hair were jet black while hers were raven black hair.

Shit! That's when I remember whom I've been comparing her too.

I get on my horse and I'm about to leave when she posses me with a question which freezes me on spot.

"Do you love someone else?" She breaths heavily with the look of rejection.

"Maybe yes." I answer and for some reason it makes me feel ligh headed. She looks at me dejectedly and walks away.

❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁

Support me as an Author by Voting and commenting 🗨️

Q/a: Is Karna developing a interest on Jyothi?  

Love you all for reading my story 💜

Also a big thanks for the 200+ votes and 1K views. 🙏🏼

Also help me by shareing this book with your other friends who like to read Mahabharata stories.

Bye ✨

❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁