✯KITCHEN✯

"Huh, is this where-" I heard a melodious voice say something, but she abruptly stopped when she noticed me

"Ohh she's here." She announces as though she were looking for me.

A lady lady, younger than my mother, but apparently in her mid-30s, stands next to the doorway of my room, from which a flickering light emerges.

She is a little woman. There is a curious style, a great sense of high voltage about her. Her long jet black hair is adorned with white flowers and she is dressed in a yellow and red silk saree.

"My dear, Jyothi, you look a lot like brother."Like a mother, she looks at me.

"My lady, if I'm bold to ask, who are you?" I humbly question her. "I'm your aunt, dear. Your father's sister. I go by the name Subhadra." she answered in a polite voice as she sat next to me.

"It is appreciable how you answered the questions of kunthi ma. I haven't talked with her so audaciously in all this year's" as if informing me a high secrecy she told me with hushed voice.

"Thank you, aunt." with a proud smile, I acknowledged. "Are you busy now?" she interrogated, as she looked around my room.

"No, aunt. Why do you inquire?" I inquired. "Then come along with me. I'll explain why?" she stood up and began tagging me behind her.

"I've always wished for a daughter like you. But God never bestowed one on me, so I'm going to dress you up in all my expensive saree and jewelry."

"No-" I came up with a protest but she immediately sushed me.

"Not at all-" I raised my voice in protest, but she quickly silenced me.

"You'll shortly be residing here for ever. So, why don't I give you a tour of the palace first" she muses aloud.

" But, madam. You have a gathering of all the duchess today." a maidservant brings up.

"However, madam. Today you have a gathering of all the dutchesses" a maidservant altered us to the fast, as she followed us.

Immediately she comes to an halt. "Then let Jyothi also come." she didn't ask for my consent and took me along with her.

She comes to a complete stop. " Then let Jyothi also come," she said without asking my permission and took me with her.

We walk for few minutes, before we enter a room full of royal woman gossiping about each other.

We walk for a few minutes before entering a room full of royal ladies gossiping about one another.

When their gaze lands on us, the gossip comes to an end. I'm not aware for the sudden cause silence.

" Ahhh... Jyothi. I believe this is your first time attending a royal gathering." a woman with a voice of mosquito calls out to me.

"Yes, my lady." I replied, just to keep my fascade intact. She scans me up down like a swarm of bees. "She is lovely, but not as lovely as my daughter. Even so I believe you should have chosen my daughter over her." In a sultry tone, she declared.

All the bead turned towards her but none of them protested her. "Beauty is not what I see, Padma. It's her intelligence." Kunthi ma shut her up in a composed voice.

All of the heads turned to look at her, but none of them objected. " Padma, I don't see her beauty. It's her intelligence I see." Kunthi ma spoke calmly and shut her up.

"However, no beauty can compete with my daughter in the kitchen." she countered, while making a strange face that I found repulsive.

"Is that ? Then let Jyothi prepare our lunch today." Kunthi ma announced the competition, in which I am not particularly skilled.

❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁

Hello buddies,

I beg your forgiveness for the long absence 🙏🏼

I know whatever reason I give you, it won't make up to you. 🥺

Hope you liked the story 😉

Q/a: Jyothi is going to first time cook. What do you guys think will happen?

a) burn the kitchen.
b) magically cook well.
c) run away.

Stay connected for more 😉

Bye ✨

❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁