✯ PUPPET ✯

Everyone looks at me in surprise as I burst into the servants’ quarter

Everyone looks at me in surprise as I burst into the servants’ quarter. But I'm too busy looking for that terrible maid.

"You,” I say as I walk over to her table. “I require the ingredients! You must provide me with the with ingredient.” I order

She doesn't look at me. Her gaze fixed on the stone floor.

"I-I can't." Everyone gasps at her reply.

She doesn’t look at me. Her gaze fixed on the stone floor.

“I-I can’t.” Everyone gasps at her reply.

I hit the top of her table with the palm of my hand. “I’m serious. If you don’t give me the ingredients hopefully, I’ll report this to the king.”

She rolls her eyes before walking out of the servants’ quarter. She returns with the carton of ingredients and dumps it in front of me.

"What else do you want me to do?" she said, eyeing me like I was a lunatic.

"Bring it to the kitchen. I can't carry it," I told her off and walked away before she could reply.

There is a rush of power within me the moment I hear her footsteps echoing behind me. I'm no more a sparrow but an eagle soaring high above the clouds.

She places the ingredients in front of me with a hump.

"You can leave now," I said holding my chin up.

I proceed to cook with wasting any more of my limited time.

Outside the palace, I search pot after pot for water as my throat screams for it, but everything is dry

What exactly are these maids doing? I curse internally.

I look in one more vessel, but it’s too empty. I slam the pot against the floor while massaging my sore throat and swallowing my spit to relieve the sourness, but it has no effect.

A hand appears in front of me with a glass of water. Before I could grab the drink, realization sinks into me as I recognize the hands to be Draupadi’s.