✯TRUE BEAUTY✯

Around 1 hour later, one of the maids showed me to my new bedroom

Around 1 hour later, one of the maids showed me to my new bedroom. I glanced at the large door on the far end corner, knowing Karna will be only a few feet away.

How am I going to explain to him?

I flopped on my bed and started humming my favourite song, ‘Stay Gold’. Boredom made me miss my friends, family and BTS.

Over these past few days, my life has been a roller coaster, and my favourite part of it was Karna.

There was a knock on my door. My dad entered. “You wanted something?” I asked him, straightening myself on the bed. He just shook his head. “Just wanted to drop a quick message,” he spoke. I noticed dark circles underneath his eyes.

Even though he wasn’t there for me all these years of my life, he truly cares for me.

“Is it about Karna?” I ask reluctantly. My head bent down, fighting against the guilt that had been ingrained in me for so long.

“No. It’s about the necklace I gifted you on your engagement day.” He cleared his throat and my eyes jerked towards his. “That necklace is no ordinary one. I ask you to keep it on you always.” I nodded my head, but there was something intriguing.

“What do you mean by not ordinary?” I ask. My curiosity is at peak these days.

“The necklace itself will give you the answers for that. Just have it on you,” he said and made a hasty retreat.

I pull out the necklace from the ornamented box it was kept in. This is the first time I’m admiring a necklace. Never was I attracted to any type of jewellery.

The silver necklace curving to form an enchanting pattern. Hanging on each twist of the pearl was a drop shaped pearl. It glinted at me knowingly, as though it knew me.

The cold metal felt somehow alive in my hands.

I struggle to hook the necklace around my thin neck, when I heard my bedroom door swing open and a heavy set of foot come in. My eyes very pulled away from the mirror to the godlike man who was in front of me.

A scent of manliness with complex notes of honey and berry fills my room. He exuded an aura of confidence and authority, particularly ferocity.

I locked my jaw to keep it from tumbling to the floor. His ancient eyes, which I admire a lot, analysed me as though I were a target.

I kept a neutral look as my eyes skimmed his built body. His eyes met my own and I couldn’t read anything within them. They simply glared at me, absent of any mercy.

“Stop staring at me,” He accused, clenching his jaw and fist. His knuckles turned white with the pressure he excreted.

I tear my eyes from him. My heart is pounding out of my chest. I realise how sweaty my hands and face are.