✯SIX MONTHS✯

"So let's start." she announces like she already won. I remain quite my gaze transfigured on her.

" What can be used to cause both peace and war?" she shooted her question like an arrow.

Everyone in the hall murmured in each others ear. At first it was like the engagement is over, and I'm going to be sent home as a disgrace. This was all only until Mahatma Gandhi's face flashed in front of my eyes and immediately the answer flowed out of my lips.

"Truth." I answered holding my chin up while she lowered hers. "Correct." She mumbled in a neutral voice.

The whole all erupted in estcasy. "She answered only one right." she accused and again the entire hall went in a silence of anticipation.

"What weapon a woman owns, which can destroy the strongest of men's?" she knocked.

"Tounge, a woman's words can raise nations to great heights and crumble nations in great heights to dust." I gave a snappy come back.

"Looks like your father has educated you well enough." she said with a smile which didn't reach her eyes. "But this one isn't going to be easy as the previous ones."

"Everyone are afraid of the darkness. Why?" she probed.

There is a long silence. Could it be the monsters? No...

Could it be your secrets?...

"The darkness holds something you can't walk away from, and that scares the hell out of you." I agonizingly put forth the dark truth of life.

"Correct." She says in almost a whisper with seer unbelievable look on her face. It was priceless.

"Now, let's exchange the plates before the holy hours is over." the priest hurried words brings me back the the present.

The third prince Arjuna hands a silver plate with a coconut, fruits and garlands, to my father, Krishna.

My father accepts a plate with a look of relief, and exchanges a plate representing from my family, and Arjuna, my soon to-be-father-in-law, accepts it, with a beaming smile.

"Now give this feed this banana to Arjuna, Krishna." the priest told my father.

(I'm writing the way engagement is done in the region where I live and the culture we are influenced by. It's not to hurt anyone's feelings)

He takes the fruit from one of the plates and feds it to his friend, Arjuna, who willingly accepts it.

"Now do the same, Prince Arjuna." he without any hesitation feeds my father. They look like best mates together.

"Now offer some water from your side Prince Arjuna." the priest commands and a maidservant brings a glass made of silver, filled with water.

She hands it down to Arjuna, who first offers it to my father and then quenches his thirst too.

"Now, His majesty,Krishna offer him platter of betel leaf and say that my daughter is now yours, and Prince Arjuna accept the player and say yes she is mine."

"My daughter, Jyothi, is now your daughter

"My daughter, Jyothi, is now your daughter." My father says offering his the plate with both the hands. "I accept her as my daughter. Do you accept my son as your son?" He questions him in return.

"Yes, I do." My father responds with a calm and genuine smile.

"Now that everything is done. Let's finalize the day of wedding." He said with a sigh of relief that there wasn't any missap.

"Yes, iya. That's why your here." His majesty, Yudhishthira, affirmed.

"Let's have the wedding on the first muhurutham after six months. It'll give enough time for the preparation of the wedding." the priest suggested and everyone nodded in agreement.

"Krishna, we are okay with the priests decision. What do you say?" Yudhishthira implored with my father.

"Yes, I'm good. Let's announce the weeding date." My father confirmed.

A man rose and walked to the center of the hall and spoke," The wedding of the future king of Pandava will be held on the first muhurutham of the sixth month." He proceeded to walk out with other soldiers following behind.

Everyone around me were overjoyed that we were at last engaged. My father laughed and joked, I could see the joy flowing through him into everyone around him.

❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁

Support me as an Author by voting 👍🏼 and commenting 🗨️

Love you all for reading my book 💜

Stay connected for more 😉

Q/a: Can you marry someone else, while your heart belongs to someone else?

Me: NO!

Bye, meet you soon ✨

❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁