✯ENGAGEMENT ✯

The whole palace was in a frenzy festive mood, not only the palace but the entire Kingdom of Pandava

I glimpsed outside the window to see people with big baskets of yellow flower moving in and out of the palace.

The noticed the guards were double the number of yesterday.

"Princess will look glamorous in this jhumkas." extragated my maid shaking the pair of jhumkas.

"No, the one I picked matches her dress perfectly." my other maid countered over which earring I must wear for the big day.

"But-"

I strained my ear to know which eating won, but I didn't hear anything.

"Jyothi." I heard a male voice searching for me.

I looked at his my father stood unbothered by the number of woman in the room.

"Father, what brings you here?" I wondered aloud.

He simply removes a silver ornament studded with diamond, it screamed of elegance and sophistication. Just a mere look at it and I knew I wasn't worth for it.

"I want you to have it." He said beaming at me, "come here." He gestured towards me but I dare go near that expensive jewelry.

"No, I'm not wearing that." I protested. Girls around me eyed me like I was a fool.

His jovial face covered in disapproval after hearing my statement.

"Isn't it beautiful? It was your mother's priced possession. I'm sure she would want you to have it." he said contentedly with a hit of dismay.

"Okay." "For mother I'll wear it." I finally accepted.

He walks towards me, as I pushed my hair aside so he can latch the jewellery to my bare neck.

I looked at the cold metal which adorned my neck.

"You look breath-taking. I wonder why any man didn't kidnap you yet." He joked playfully slapping my shoulder.

"Okay darling. I'll leave now. I'll be waiting for you." he squeezed my shoulder in reassurance but it squeezes my heart.

What about my dream to a entrepreneur? To start my own make-up brand?

I'm left all alone with a bunch of ladies who think their only purpose is to blow their bellies big and give birth.

"Girls bring her down." someone informs and the maid servants hurry towards me.

"Princess are you excited to see your prince." a maidservant teased me during that I was already standing.

"Ummm...that." seeing my shyness they all started giggling and u too joined them half-heartedly.

After all I'm meeting my husband not a goblin with smelly armpits.

The maids assisted to walk me down the stairs as my face was half covered by the veil added to the heaviness of the dress, which made it nearly impossible to walk with any help.

I flowed like water down the grand staircase, I could hear the faint sound of Indian music mixed with murmurs and gasps.

The room was so alive to be true, instantly the euphoria in the room lifted my mood up.

I was seated in the centre among other daughters of the royal ministers.

"Now, that our bride-to-be is here let's ask her if she likes the groom." the priest's words stunned me.

What? I have never seen or talked to my husband, but here they are asking my consent. Moreover I don't want this marriage at all.

I try to peek a look at my soon-to-be-husband and I'm star struken. He is nothing compared to the goblin with smelly arms.

He wasn't a male model but he should have been. His button nose and half-dome cheekbones sat above an oaken jaw.

Unusually for a prince he had a manly physique. His chocklate-brown eyes were orb round and darted constantly, until they landed on me. Out of nowhere his gleamed with delight and the vigour of youth. The swam with joy as I flushed vigorously.

Everyone notice the little commotion between us and made comments on how we were getting together already.

His eyes shone brightly with triumph as I nooded yes.

I think I saw my father sigh in relief, but I pushed it aside.

"Now that the bride accepted the groom. Let the groom make his statement." announced the priest.

I was already impatient to hear is voice, that it sent waves of shock when I heard a female authoritative voice said "Stop."

The entire hall went silent. All the ruckus stopped at once and tired in direction.

The voice belonged to none other than...

❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁

Hello guys,

Support me as an Author by voting and commenting 🗨️

Sorry for the late update 🥺

Love you all for reading this chapter 💜

Q/a: Whom does the voice belong too?

Stay connected with me 🤗

Bye ✨

❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁•❁