✯QUEEN✯

"Only knowledge will take you nowhere

"Only knowledge will take you nowhere. You must learn how to use them," my teacher said.

Jyothi: How?

Teacher: By testing it.

Jyothi: But I haven't prepared.

I say panicking. If I fail won't people mock me?

Teacher: This is not a test which you prepare for.

She searches for something inside her bag.  She pushes various things aside before she spots a white material.

Teacher: Here wear it.

Jyothi: What! Are you serious?

Anyway, I take the low quality cotton saree, it irritates all the part of my skin in contact with the saree.

I spread the saree to see it's too short to go two rounds around me.

I'm not wearing this, more over it doesn't even have a blouse.

Jyothi: Teacher are you sure you brought the right saree?

I question her hoping that she would say ‘no’ and take away this saree. But to my dismay she says...

Teacher: 100% sure. Now stop questioning and get into it.

Jyothi: Okay.

I say in a defeated and helpless tone.

How am I going to do it?

I try multiple time to get my whole body covered in the little material. But I couldn't.

I didn't know the point of putting me through so much pain, while I'm going to be a Queen.

Jyothi: I can't. I give up.

Teacher: You don't know how to do a simple thing.

She teaches me step by step how to use the while material to cover my whole body with it and it worked.

She smiles satisfactorily when she is done.

Teacher: Here you go.  Now let's move to the next task.

She again searches for something in her bag and places some herbs on the table along with a pounding stone.

The whole evening is spent in learning to use different herbs for different purposes.

{Few hours later when the class is over}

Maid: I hate that teacher

Jyothi: Why?

Maid: She disrespects everyone, including you.

Even though I didn't have a special connection with my teacher. I had a feeling to defend her.