✯Dark Desire✯

I order the servants to distribute the sweet to the women's gathering.

"Princess, why aren't you joining us?" said a servant clutching the vessel. They posed confused look at me.

"No, my waist can no longer support me. I really need to get some rest," I said. They looked at me with pity. The servants nodded their head and left me.

I returned to my room. They changed the sheets and curtains to green. The nauseating stench of flowers were finally gone.

I flip myself on the soft feather like bed. My aching muscles sigh in relief after the long hour of work I did.

It's a shock I didn't burn the kitchen. Okay, I did burn the people's nostrils. Yet, it's a shock, for a medical student who knew nothing expect dissection of leafs and animals.

"Ouch," I moaned, "what's the prickly thing?" I curse out loud. I was getting some rest and soon this engagement decorations had to ruin it?

I pull out the prickly thing, it's a parchment. Who put it here?

I unfold it. There is something written in sanskrit, but my limited knowledge in sanskrit hinders me from fully understanding it.

"The p-perfect distance between two places.

Where the w-water sings...

Waits for you an unattached piece,

Give in to ro-romance," the letter read. My heart raced at 100mph per second.

What does this mean? How can water sing? Who is the unattached piece?

Questions run around my head like millions of ants, niggling my worries. First, who placed it here?

The cool breeze blows in taking the paper with it.

"Ohhh no..." I shout, running behind the paper. I get hold of it just before it can fly out of the window. "Thankfully," I say, clutching the paper to my bosom. Not because I would lose it, but because of the mesmerizing scene before me.

The sun setting down looked like it was kissing the lake in the middle of the garden. It looked like mother earth was united with the sky.

Twentieth century kid would never get to witness a scene like this. Am I blessed to have a chance like this? Or cursed to lose my dream job?

I can't decide, I give it all into the hands of god. Let him lead me.

Wait. What?

'Where the water sings...' does this phrase mean the lake? I wait for nothing else and barge out of my room.

After passing through countless corridors and hallways. Blocked by elders and servants, I reached the garden.

To my dismay, my view my blinded by the tall trees and shrubs of many kinds.