✯GURUVI✯

"Wake up, princess,"

Wait did my mom call me princess? She never does that...

My eyes slowly flutter open to reveal a old lady's face with lot of wrinkles, behind her stands a girl who maybe near my age.

"Who are you?" I asked stretching my arms and legs on the bed like a lazy cat.

"I'm appointed as your maid, dear. Your dad has order us to get you ready to meet your guruvi (teacher)," said the maid with a permanent smile.

The world around me was different than what I had lived in till yesterday. From the people to the climate everything is different.

I can guarantee this is the freshest air I have ever breathed.

I can only trust a teacher to help me find a way to fit me in this era of which I have no knowledge.

"Okay," I hop out of my bed and being searching for the bathroom.

"Princess, where are you going?" The maid questioned befuddled at me.

"Searching the bathroom to get ready," I said. 

"No, we'll help you with that," she says and comes toward me.

Inspite of mg protests, 4-5 people surrounded me one helping me wash my face and brush my hair, while others are getting me into my very long blue skirt. This is a truly new experience for me.

"I don't wear bangles," I say in object as a maid brings them towards me.

Traditional dresses or jewelry were never seen in my cupboard the only clothing I owned were jeans and crop-tops.

"Your a princess and a soon to be queen, you must get used to it," she says with a smile, as though explaining it to a kid.

Soon to be queen?  What did she mean?

She adds a necklace to my neck, taking advantage of my silence, when...

(Jyothi's dress but this is not jyothi)

"What's going on here?" A woman questions, marching towards me and the cluster of maids without anyone's consent.

"W–we are getting her ready," one of them answer, clearly intimidated by her presence.

"Not like this," she says wagging her index finger in front of us.

"Who is she?" I asked, unable withstand with her rude behaviour anymore.

Who is she to tell me how to dress?

"I'm your guruvi (teacher)," she answered herself, her head held high, not giving a damn if I was a princess or not.

What!!!?