✯Good or Bad✯

Am I a disgrace to my family now? Will Rukmini's words become true?

I badly yearn to reverse everything that happened this evening, from accepting to cook for everyone to kissing him.

I feel my lips, slightly bruised from the vigorous kiss we shared.

I can't play with people like this, especially when I'm engaged.

"Looks like someone is deep in thoughts," I jerk up at the sound of my dad. He's watching me, his forehead adorned with wrinkles. I bet he was a man every girl wanted.

"Yes-its about the engagement and wedding and-" I'm always good at lying, now I can't do it so easily, something has changed me from what I used to be me. ( Is this good or bad? )

"I can understand. Suddenly bringing you to a world you do not know, getting you engaged in only 1 week. I know this is too much for your young age," he said sitting beside me.

"But mother said it's for my best," I recall how sure she was, she went against her husband's family for this, for me. "It is for also a better future. You have a great role to play in history my dear," he said getting serious.

"Great role?" I ask. I never knew- wait I know nothing about my life. "Yes, being a Queen is not an ordinary girls play, being the queen of the greatest kingdom to ever exist is dangerous than you can belive," he said his eyes distant but his voice attentive.

This is more complicated than I thought it to be. Meanwhile another question popped in my head.

"Isn't karna the crown prince of Pandava?" He nodded his head, yes. "Then why is yudhisthira the king and not karna?" He looked taken back at my question, but recovered soon.

"You see, his mother, Kunthi was bestowed with a boon by a certain brahamana. She could call on any god and they would bless her with a child," he looks and continues.

"But she had little faith in it and put it to test by calling the sun god. To her astonishment he handed her a child, Karna. Young and unmarried Kunthi didn't know what to do and sent him afloat in the river Ganga," he finished the tragic story with a heavy silence.

"She abandoned him?" I ask unable to wrap around the miseries he has undergone as a orpan child.

"Yes," his head hung low. No wonder he wanted to end himself today.

"Go to sleep now daughter. We are leaving tomorrow," he said forcing a smile on his face. I nod my head and creep into the bed covers. He pulls them down, covering my feet and leaves shiftly.

The maids blow off the lamps and the darkness engulfs me but not my thoughts. My mind keeps wandering back to the lake, replaying our little romantic session. I could still feel the passion he had for me.

      ◤ ━━━━ ❀ ⋅◈⚜◈⋅ ❀ ━━━━◥

We left the Pandavas place a few hours ago. Everyone behaved more respectfully and kindly with me, it's all because I'm going to be the next queen of their kingdom.

Hypocrite... I hissed underneath my breath.

The smoothly going carriage comes to an adrupt halt.

"What's going on?" I question the maid sitting a foot lower than me. "I don't know miss," she answers before opening the door to enquire the matter.

"Your father has ordered to stop the carraige princess," that made me curious. I peep from the door to see my father talking to a man.

The man's eyes averts to mine and I bolt inside. What did I just do?

Shortly after there was a knock on my door. Who must it be? Before I could stop the maidservant opens the door.

"Your father requests your presence princess," said the footman with a slight bow.

Should I go? I don't want to disrespect him in front of a stranger so I stepped out and sauntered to the two men.

Upon closer look the stranger had more womanly features, clothed in men's clothing.

"Meet my daughter, Jyothi. Daughter he's Shikandini, my friend," in introduced. I joined my hands, just like my guruvi had taught and give a deep bow.

"She resmbels a lot like you," I didn't know if it was good or bad to look like my dad, so I gave him a akward smile.

"Did I hear it right? She's going to marry my niece Vignesh?" He asked and my father nodded yes.

"She would make a good Queen. After all she's the great Krishna's hidden daughter," he said. A slight fear passed through my dad's eyes but it was gone before I could confirm.

"Listen my dear, never be afraid of any men. Follow the call of your heart. Hold your head high above all men, don't let anyone be little you," Shikandini said. "I will," I promised.

My father and Shikandini had a conversation for another few minutes before we separated our paths.

We returned back to our palace. My hideout from this world.

Father's revelation on these new information shook my inner being. But I promise to make a good Queen, which means I must forget Karna. Will I be able to?

For now the answer is no.

Will Jyothi be a good or bad Queen? The actual question is will she ever be a Queen?

I'm sorry for the very late update. I'll try releasing the  next chapter as soon as I can.

Don't forget to tap in that star icon.