Surprising Summer

Ayanokouji POV

I woke up with a different feeling that I've never felt before. It was the early morning, exactly 9AM, normally some people would get up with a feeling of what they say "a fresh start" but for me, it feels like I'm getting my back stabbed with a compass by thousands of Horikitas. Just the thought of her just doubles the pain and not just from my back, but my own mind as well.

I slowly get up still feeling the unusual pain from my back. I would usually ignore this since I have felt plenty of pain and suffering like this back then until I just got used to them to the point were I've never felt it anymore but this feels all new to me. Is this what people say about "waking up on the wrong side of the bed" or something? Whatever it is, this has to go away immediately.

"Here goes nothing, I guess." I said as I begin to stretch out my back, making multiple cracking sounds. To be honest, that actually hurt but in the end, it doesn't even matter when I felt relieved that the pain instantly went away. It was a satisfying experience but as much as I want to feel that relieve again, this couch needs to get replaced. I wonder if there are some stores that sells better couches? I assume those would be really expensive but it's better than this backbreaker of a couch.

"Mmrr...mggrhh...hmrrmmrm..." Someone's a heavy sleeper. A loud one too. Well, I can't really blame her for what happened last night. She does needs some rest after running for 25 kilometers even though I only said 10, she probably ignored her limits but whatever keeps her moving forward I guess.

But the pain and suffering she received  from her stamina training was nothing compared on what she saw and felt after. Getting betrayed by the person you dearly love must've shattered her heart to pieces yet this might turn into an advantage for her when the feeling of love inside of her, turns into the feeling of hatred.

Shinohara can decide for her own but for now, she still needs to improve and that's where I come in.

Five minutes later, she finally woke up. Her legs were still sore from last night so she remain on my bed.

"Hmm? Oh, morning Kiyo. *Yawn" She said as she slowly rubs her eyes.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"I'm okay, I guess? Well, except for my legs ofcourse." She slowly sits up and looks around, really confused. Before she could overthink and freak out, I speak up.

"You're in my room. You passed out after having a mental breakdown last night so I carried you here."

"You could've just brought me on my own room you know? It's much easier." I just stared at her without saying a word. Doesn't she know how absurd that was?

"Wh-what? Did I say something wrong?" She asked.

"I want you to think about what you said just now." I said. A few seconds later, she finally realized what I meant.

"Oh, right. I didn't think about that. Sorry." She said, lowering her head down in shame.

"Atleast you understand. Now, tell me how you really feel right now. Last night must've affected you badly." I said.

"It really did huh? Well, there's nothing I can do about it so there's no use crying anymore." I'm a bit surprised she moved on quick. Atleast she's learning even though it's still hurting her on the inside.

"What do you feel about Ike right now though?" I asked.

"Well, I am hurt obviously but that doesn't matter anymore. My heart may be broken, but because of that, that piece of shit is nothing more than a perverted lying traitor." She said coldly.