Faithful Discovery

Shinohara POV

Am I being followed by a dark cloud lately? I got beat up and betrayed, I became a pawn of the goddamn devil, almost broke my legs because if his rough training, bawled my eyes out for getting my heart broken at my former crush, and now meeting the same girl from earlier at the worst possible moment.

This stream of bad luck just keeps going on and on and I can't take this anymore yet I still keep going. Why do I keep going when I could just report him immediately and everything will be over?

I somehow can't bring myself to do that as I sort of believe in him in some way. He is truly far more worst than the devil himself but his intentions are mysterious.

What does he gain from all of this anyway? I have the right to know, don't I? He is so difficult to read but I still believe in him. I wonder if he stays true to his word that he would protect me as long as I do is bidding for him. If he does mean it, then...

"Why the troubled look, Shinohara-san? Are you in a hurry perhaps?"

"Huh? N-No, I was about to go home you see." I said as I begin to go up the stairs.

"That's the boy's dorm you're walking into." She said, slightly confused.

'No shit Sherlock.' I thought.

"Is it? Whoops, clumsy me! I'm just very tired because of earlier! Yeah, that's it!" god, I'm so pathetic.

"If you don't mind, would you care to walk to our dorm with me?" She asked. There's no reason for me to say no so I'm sure Kiyo won't mind if I'm a bit late.

"Hm? Sure, I don't see why not." I said as we begin to walk away from the boy's dorm. While she's not looking, I made a quick text to Kiyo that I'll be late in which he replied with a simple "ok".

As we continue walking, I have a weird feeling that I'm being watched or something. I try to shrug it off but it feels so surreal like someone's gonna stab me in the back. If that's the case, then does it have to do something with the person I'm with?

Speaking of this girl, she never told me what her name was. I wonder if It's okay if I ask. I mean, it's okay to know the name of someone you just met right? Plus, we're walking in complete silent so it was getting pretty awkward.

"Uhmm, if it's alright with you, may I ask for your name?" I didn't know why I got formal all of a sudden but it just feels like I'm with a goddamn princess.

"No need to be so formal with me, Shinohara-san. I'm just a normal person." She said with a light giggle.

"It's a force of habit, so sorry about that." I said.

"Does this "habit" of yours happen everytime you meet someone new or you only used it on me?" Crap, It looks like I can't lie my way out of this since I feel like she can read through my mind.

"...the second one. I'm sorry but to be completely honest, it just you look like you're a princess of the royal family or something." I said, lowering my head down.

"..." I'm guessing this awkward silence means she's shocked at what I've said. I look back at her and see that she still has her regular smile. She is also difficult to read.

"While I'm flattered for the compliment you gave me, you don't need to treat me with royalty next time. Like I said, I am just a regular person like you." She said. Well I have to doubt on what you said there since I know one person who is BEYOND regular but she doesn't need to know about that.