Part 9: Bonding With Ranboo

Y/N POV

I sit up and rub sleep from my eyes. Niki is laying in bed beside me. She looks so peaceful. I wish I looked so at rest during sleep.

I get up and out of the soft bed, careful not to wake her. The clock on the bedside table reads 5:56 a.m. Guess I'm up now.

I open the door slowly, hoping it doesn't creak too loudly. I make my way down to the backyard. I lay down on one of the lawn chairs and listen to the birds chirp. The sun's rays are just starting to peak over the horizon. The sky is turning from pink to a light orange. It's beautiful, really.

I hear the back door creak open and immediately snap my head to find who is disturbing my peace. I find Ranboo looking back at me.

"You're up early." I smile at him.

"I could say the same thing to you." He replies. His eyes look a little puffy, but I brush it off.

"The sunrise is beautiful, don't you think?" I ask.

"Yeah, but not as beautiful as you." He says the last part a little quieter, but I still catch it. A blush spreads across my cheeks, but I push it away. Does he mean it?

"Do you mind if I sit here?" He points to the spot next to me.

I laugh a little. "Sure."

He sits next to me and we watch the sunrise.

I take a quick picture of it with the palm trees framing it. I think for a second before posting it.

👤: @ RanboomcY/U/N: Waking up with the Sun🌅6:46 a

👤: @ Ranboomc
Y/U/N: Waking up with the Sun🌅
6:46 a.m.

Ranboomc
Still not as beautiful as the person sitting next to me
|
User4
You all seeing this👀

Justaminxig
🤍

User7
Ranboo, you can do so much better. why her
|
User2
I know, right

The comments instantly flooding in are a little daunting, but it's fine. I shouldn't dwell on them, I'm trying to get better with this.

"So, how did you sleep?" Ranboo breaks the silence.

"I fell asleep like right after dinner and woke up at around 6. So, pretty good. How about you?"

"I stayed up and talked with Tubbo and Tommy for awhile. Overall, it wasn't good, but it wasn't terrible."

"Okay." I nod, completely understanding him.

A silence falls over us. I feel like he has something else he wants to say, but he isn't talking. I have no idea what happened after I left, maybe I should ask him. But I don't want to make him uncomfortable.