Part 17: Back With Them

Y/N POV

After I got home, Phil made dinner. At first, I didn't want to eat the chicken  parmesan. But I heard a little voice in my head that sounded an awfully lot like my mother. "Eat, hun. It's okay."

I did as the voice said. I ate the dinner with no regrets. It was hard, but I felt a sense of pride when I ate. Like I was finally doing something right. Like I was making everyone happy. Like I wasn't screwing up for once.

After dinner, we all argued over what movie to watch. We finally decided on the movie Central Intelligence. It starred Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Kevin Hart. They are always a good duo.

Ranboo sat next to me on one side, with Dream on my other side. A quarter of the way through the movie, Ranboo does that thing that all nervous teens do when they want to put their arm around you. He actually did the stupid yawn where he stretches his arms out trick.

As funny and stupid as that was, I still leaned into him. He pulled me closer and warmth filled me. I felt safe again.

The movie was filled with so much laughter. But I guess that's what you get with a comedy movie. It wasn't a bad choice though. I think we all needed a little laughter after the events of the past few days, courtesy of me.

My eyes kept getting heavy, but I didn't sleep. I don't understand how I could be sleepy after six days of... being unconscious? I guess that's the best word for it.

Ranboo gave me a quick kiss on the forehead as someone started another movie. This one I couldn't keep my eyes open during. They drooped slowly as my breaths evened out.

He rubbed his hand on my arm as I drifted off.

I found myself in my room, looking at the noose I tied. All I had to do was step up and do it. I just have to put my head through and kick the stool out from under me...

But I kept hearing footsteps outside my door. All I felt was anxiety rising in me. I couldn't do this with the risk of someone coming in. They would be so disappointed. So disappointed.

I raised my shaking hand to the rope. The knot was tied. It was ready.

I stepped onto the stool and looped my head through the hole.

Suddenly, my mom burst through the door. Tears were in her eyes.

"Y/N, don't. Please, don't."

"Mom, leave. Close the door and go out to dinner, please."

She stays rooted at the door. "Honey, I'm not leaving you."

Shaking brought me back to consciousness. I looked around to see that Ranboo and I were the only ones in the room. I'm guessing that everyone else had already gone to bed.

"Hey, are you okay? You were shaking and crying." Ranboo's raspy voice brought me around.

I sat up. "Yeah, I'm sorry. We should probably go to bed."

He grabs my hand. Concern fills his eyes. "If something is bothering you, please talk to someone. It doesn't even have to be me. I don't want you to have to go through things alone again. I'll be here with you every step of the way. Okay?"

Tears stuck in my eyelashes. "Okay." I gave him a little smile.

Dream's POV

I look over at Ranboo to see Y/N asleep on him. I pause the movie.

"Guys, what are we going to do with Y/N? Since she has no parents now, child protective services will probably come knocking." I looked at everyone as I said this.

"I would take her, but she isn't a British citizen." Wilbur looked down. I know that he wishes he could, but it just wouldn't work out.

I looked at Sapnap as he talked. "I mean, we could take her in. Dream, I know she trusts you a lot. And I would be fine with it." Sap finishes.

We both look at Gogy. He was planning to move in with us in a bit. But would he be okay with it if Y/N lived here too?

"Yeah, I'd totally be okay with it." He smiles at me.

"So, its settled. She can stay with us, if everyone else is okay with that decision?" A chorus of nods filled the room, causing me to smile.

"Alright. I'll call CPS tomorrow and talk to them." I turned the movie back on and looked at Y/N. She looked so peaceful as she slept. But I felt a twinge of pain as I looked at her. The gauze was still wrapped around her wrists. The doctors told us that we should come back in a couple of days to see how it's healing. I hope it doesn't leave too bad of a scar.

17 Again played lazily in the background. Most people were watching the movie, eager to see the outcome. But the others were very tired, including me. It had been a very stressful couple of days, for all of us.

I could just hope that the seas of life that lay ahead were calm. We had already been in a storm for far too long. The waves had threatened us, almost crashing on top of us every second. There was never a time where we could just relax. No, we were constantly fighting against strong currents and fighting to keep air in our lungs.

But as of right now, it seems like the storm clouds cleared. I have no idea as to what lays on the horizon. I can dream that its clear skies and smooth waters, but conflict and pain always finds a way back. All we can do now is enjoy the calm. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Tommy's POV

I canthelp but feel sad at the sight of Ranboo and Y/N together. And now she is also going to be staying in Florida. I expected the Florida bit, but this means that she is closer to Ranboo. Why, why couldn't she just be British. I just have to have a crush on an American!

Toby elbows my side a little bit. "We're going to bed." He told the others and practically dragged me to our room.

"I was watching that movie, ya know. Dickhead." I throw that lkayful tone in my voice, but I can tell by his eyes that he wants to talk about something kinda serious.

"No, you weren't. You were watching Y/N." He looks straight into my eyes, like he's searching my soul.

I look down, avoiding further eye contact.

"You like her, don't you?" His voice comes out soft.

"It doesn't matter. She likes Ranboo, and he likes her. It would never work with us." I feel tears come to my eyes, but I push them back into the depths of my mind. I would never cry over a girl.

"Besides, I have many other women." I joke. But the truth is, I feel like no one likes me like that. I wish they did, but they don't. I, in fact, have no women. None.

"Tommy, you can come to me for this stuff. You know that, right?"

"Yeah, Toby. I know." I give him a smile.

"Okay. Now, do you want to play a game?"

"Hell yes." A real smile covers my sad features for awhile.

We play Super Smash Bros for a good hour. Although, the whole time, my mind was on Y/N.

God, she just had to be the one person I liked. The one person I can't have. Damnit.

Before I realize what I'm doing, Tubbo pulls my hand away from my wrist. "What were you doing?" He sounds shocked.

I look down at my wrist to see that it's agitated and scratched to hell. There's even blood seeping out at some points.

"Oh, shit. I didn't even know I was doing that."

He went to the bathroom and brought out some gauze. He wrapped it around my wrist lightly, but still tight so that it wouldn't come off.

"Please don't do that again." He looked at me with tears brimming his dark brown eyes.

"I won't. I'm sorry, Tubs." I give him a hug. I'm so grateful that he is my friend.

_______________________________________

A/N: Thank y'all for 70 followers! Remember to eat something and drink water. You need it!

I'm proud of you for getting through today.