°Chapter one°

Tw//mentions of sensitive topics (noted in the introduction) please read with caution

Donghyuck hates school, but is not so surprisingly good at it as his parents expect him to be. He will never forget that day he felt pressured into being academically sufficient.

"You know Jisung isn't that good in his studies, but he doesn't need to be since he'll be fighting. You're our only hope in taking over the business with your academics," he recalls his papa, Ten, telling him one evening during dinner.

Jisung, Ten and his father, Johnny having been discussing the upcoming fight Jisung will be training for within the next few months while Donghyuck sat there quietly, playing around with the food on his plate. He's not even hungry.

But the conversation automatically switched to academics and that's when it a came crashing down on the teenaged boy.

Totally no pressure at all, right? Donghyuck is expected to be the best. He's expected to be the best and succeed in his school life. He hates school because of it. Because of how much pressure he is being put under.

But Jisung doesn't undergo this kind of pressure. No, instead he's treated delicatly with so much care since his parents are afraid of him injuring himself before a fight, but if he were to be injured his parents would wave their hands dismissively with the following words trailing behind.

"You're fine."

Was he though? Was he and is he really fine?

He's a clumsy boy if you'd ask him.

Donghyuck feels like the whole world is falling on top of him. He's being trampled and servery injured by the astroids hitting Earth. The weight on his shoulders is too much. All he searches for, is his parents approval.

He searches for their understanding, their gratitude, not the kind of treatment he's been receiving.

Don't mistaken it though. Donghyuck's parents do not treat Donghyuck terrible or abuse him in any way shape or form. It's only a matter of affection and attention he desires to receive just like the way his younger brother, Jisung does and he doesn't.

They treasure and value Jisung as if he's they're most prized possession to ever own. Just because Jisung wants to fight, taking after their father. Donghyuck can't blame them though. He's perfect.

His parents knew Jisung wanted to fight as he's always stated it every chance he received, but Donghyuck has not yet said a thing about it. About he himself, wanting to fight or not.

Why? Because Donghyuck doesn't feel comfortable bringing something up or talking about something unless the topic or question was brought to him first. He'd rather wait.

It doesn't matter who it may be. That's how Donghyuck is.

Sure, don't get Donghyuck wrong. He loves his younger brother dearly and he's extremely proud of what his brother has achieved in his fighting career.

He's perfectly aware of the capability Jisung has as well as his parents knowing too, but it wouldn't hurt to be acknowledged as well.

Acknowledged as in being praised for returning home with the highest grade in the class.

Acknowledged as in being praised for training well.

Acknowledged for the hard work he's achieved.

Acknowledged for all the awards he earned.

Acknowledged for just being Donghyuck, Ten and Johnny's son and Jisung's older brother.

Donghyuck has always been insecure of the things he does. He can't help the negative, running thoughts straining his brain. He doubts himself. He doubts his abilities and capabilities.

It's silly though. Why be so insecure when you have everything one could ask for, such as great academic skill, a loving and pretty wealthy family?

And Donghyuck answer to that would be because it's not enough.

What's the point in being so strong on the outside, masking a facade over your happiness and health, when in reality you're just a weak little crybaby who seeks his parents attention like a two year old?

Is it too much to ask for? Too be noticed by the people he loves and cherishes dearly. The same people being the one's who build you up and break you down repeatedly, it never stops.

One thing always leads to another.

Neglection leading to sadness.

Sadness leading to depression.

Depression leading to lacking self love and confidence.

Lacking self love and confidence leading to an eating disorder.

Yes, this is what he goes through everyday.

It's like a never ending hole in the ground. The deeper you continue to fall, the further the light of the surface gets. That light being everything he's ever wanted.

Donghyuck always gets asked the questions, "Why do you look so down?" Or "Are you okay?" By the same people.

Well what's there to smile about when you have no one you can fully trust to express and share your feelings with?

He'd rather keep everything in than to have to explain himself anyways. It'll only cause him more pain when it's technically supposed to do the opposite. But what do they know?

It'll only eat him alive and quite frankly, he's definitely okay with that.

But he also just doesn't understand what he's doing so wrong. He doesn't understand how Jisung is 'naturally' talented in the arts, but he isn't? He's been training just as long as his younger brother has. He can do anything Jisung can do and he'll prove that.

He'll prove that not only to his parents, but to himself as well.

-🥊-

What do you think? Kind of a sucky chapter right? I'll try to do much better!

I appreciate you for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

Have a great day/night and please stay safe my lovelies! 💕