°Chapter eleven°

Tw//self harm

Walking out of the locker room and into the main gym area still hand in hand, Donghyuck and Mark made their way towards their families.

As they inched closer to the others, Donghyuck noticed that everyone's attention was now on them.

Mark felt Donghyuck's grip on his hand tighten. Donghyuck has never liked eyes on him and Mark knows that. The older caressed the back of Donghyuck hand with his thumb as a source of comfort and reassurance for the younger while finally face to face with everyone else.

"Where's dad?" Mark asked Jeno, who was looking down at their hands with a smile that neither Mark or Donghyuck could decipher.

"He went with Mr. Seo to start the car. We were waiting for you guys," Jeno kindly said.

Just then, the doors opened, revealing both Jaehyun and Johnny together. Johnny mumbled something underneath his breath as he stared at his oldest son.

"What took you so long?" He sharply asked and Donghyuck flinched, moving his body and hiding himself behind Mark as their hands were still in each other's grasp.

"Shut up and leave him alone! He obviously wasn't feeling well," Ten scolded Johnny in English while Jaehyun and Taeyong pretended not to hear anything as they were the only other ones who spoke English.

The Jeno and Jisung shared confused looks as they had no clue what Ten just said, but whatever it was they know it wasn't to pleasing as Johnny just rolled his eyes.

"We're leaving. Let's go," Johnny suddenly said and everybody grabbed their belongings to start heading outside.

Outside, everybody was bidding their goodbyes to one another. Mark slipped away from Donghyuck's hand to hug everyone goodbye, the younger doing the same.

"You looked good out there, kiddo. Keep up the good work," Jaehyun told Donghyuck, ruffling the younger's frizzy, messy hair.

Donghyuck smiled a little. He was getting some kind of recognition and he was grateful. He's always loved Mark's and Jeno's parents just like he loves his own.

He didn't know Jaehyun was actually watching them spar today as he thought he had been talking with Johnny.

He doesn't know why, but he feels more comfortable around them, him and Taeyong, than his own parents. Maybe it's because he receives more attention from them than his own.

"Thank you," Donghyuck thanked shyly and Taeyong came over to give him a hug before going into their separate cars.

"I'll see you at school tomorrow, Hyuck. Don't forget your choir assignment," Jeno reminded the younger of the project once again and the tanned male nodded his head.

The older blonde booped the younger's nose before leaving to his car. Mark stopped Jeno before going in the car.

"We have to talk later," Mark demanded softly and the younger nodded his head, a smirk appearing on his lips.

"Fine with me," Jeno responded and went inside the car as Mark walked over to Donghyuck.

He dug his hands in his pockets and took out Donghyuck's press on hair clips he removed minutes earlier. He grabbed the younger's chin softly, using that same hand to now caress Donghyuck's hair. He slid the clips through his hair and pressed them on the side of his head.

He had both of them clipped one side so that the other half of his face has strands of hair loose, covering his cheek. Mark gently moved Donghyuck's hair so that it wasn't covering the younger's face, who's cheeks are crimson red.