°Chapter twenty four°

When both Donghyuck and Mark arrived at the principal's office, the younger had finally noticed the damage he had done to Yeonjun and Taehyun. He felt bad for them, but he didn't regret it as they were the ones who started everything from the very beginning.

The four of them hung their heads low while the principal stood in front of them.

"What happened right now was completely absurd," he scolded at them, scanning their faces for any wounds.

"I'm sending you to the nurses office with the security. After that, you guys are to return back to my office. Your parents have been notified to come to the school building," the principal warned them as they departured to the nurses office.

Yeonjun and Taehyun went inside the infirmary first while Mark and Donghyuck stayed behind in the waiting room since it's best they'd separated from each other.

The two were seated while Yeonjun and Taehyun were getting their wounds treated,  cleaned and bandaged. Mark really didn't need to be there because he didn't get hurt, but he insisted on staying with his boyfriend.

"Sunshine, I'm so sorry for not being there in time," Mark apologized for the thousandth time in the span of five minutes.

Mark's last period before lunch was all the way on the other side of the school building so there was no way he would make it to Donghyuck's classroom to pick him up and walk together to the cafeteria in time or they'd be late. Mark headed straight to the cafeteria once the lunch bell rang, already thinking that Donghyuck will arrive before him.

He had entered the cafeteria quite late and looked around to see if he could spot the tanned male at their usually table, but he couldn't because the younger wasn't there. Mark thought that maybe Donghyuck just didn't get there yet because there were a lot of students jammed up at the doorway, yelling.

Mark didn't think anything of it and just sat at the table, waiting patiently for Donghyuck, but the yelling only increased which caused Mark to look towards the exit, where all the students were continuing to build up.

He heard the constant cheering of this boy in his grade named Yeonjun and Mark found it suspicious so he had gotten up to check it all out. He pushed and shoved through the crowd just to see where all the ruckus was coming from. And that's when he saw it, he saw his Donghyuck in the middle of a fight.

When he arrived, both Yeonjun and Taehyun were on the ground as Donghyuck was trying to walk away, but Taehyun had locked his hold on the tanned male's leg, causing him to fall. Taehyun had raised his fist to hit him, but Mark reacted faster and kicked him in the face with his shin, Taehyun's grip on Donghyuck dropping as he groaned in pain.

"It's okay, Markie. You still came and I don't know what I would do if it weren't for you," Donghyuck answered honestly, his face completely neutral as no emotion was shown.

Mark reached out with his hand and placed his palm on Donghyuck's thigh, tenderly stroking it. The younger wasn't giving the older any sort of glance, making Mark frown a bit.

"Look at me," Mark demanded and the younger did so, chills running down Donghyuck's spine at the older's dominant tone.

Donghyuck's face was terribly bruised. He had a black and blue on his left eye, his glasses had fallen off somewhere in the hallway during the fight as he squinted his eyes to look at Mark. The tanned male's lips were slit open, not too deep but it was cut badly.

Mark brought up his free hand that wasn't caressing the younger's thigh to gently trace the cuts and bruises all over Donghyuck's face. He slide his hand down the younger's body, reaching his stomach, causing the tanned male to wince.