°Chapter twenty eight°

(A/n: can we please take a moment to appreciate how adorable Jeno is? Thank you 🥺)

Tw//mentions of eating disorders and depression

The next morning, Donghyuck had woken up earlier than usual being that he went to bed early last night. He slowly sat up in pain as the muscles on his body were sore from yesterday's events, the fight and the runaway. He carefully leaned his back and head against the headboard of his bed and sighed.

He reached for his glasses that were resting on top of the bedside table, groaning as the soreness fluctuated through his arm. Once he grabbed them, he slid them on his nose and blinked sleepily several times before finally leaving them open. He picked up his phone, which just so happened to be right next to him since he forgot to charge it last night, and opened it to read any notifications he received.

He saw a few messages from Mark asking if he was okay and Donghyuck quickly replied back to him, saying that he was alright and that he fell asleep early last night. His eyes averted to the time at the top of his phone screen which read that it was a little past eight in the morning, way too early for Donghyuck to be up right now especially on a weekend.

Donghyuck plugged his phone into the charger and dragged himself up from the bed as his body stung in pain. He walked into the bathroom and started freshening up.  He squeezed the toothpaste onto his toothbrush after wetting its bristles and moved the brush in a circular motion on his teeth.

Once he finished that, making sure not to put pressure on the wound on his lip, he shook and spit the pasty foam out of his mouth and rinsed. He washed his face after pulling off his glasses and pat his skin dry carefully with a clean towel. Once he was done using the bathroom, he shut the lights off and went back into his room, his glasses back on.

He glanced in his full body mirror, pulling off his shirt and mentally face palmed himself since he forgot to change the bandages on his stomach. He stomped lightly back into the bathroom and removed the used gauze pads on his skin and replaced them with fresh clean ones.

He exited the bathroom again and pulled over a hoodie that fell down mid thighs, which by the way was Mark's since he stole it from the older when they finished training last week. He took off his pants and didn't bother putting any new ones on yet as he went to sit back on his bed again, cautiously bringing his knees to his chest, making sure he pulls the hoodie over his bare legs.

He chose not to do a workout today since his body should rest a bit and recover. He just sat there in silence, pondering about everything that had happened recently in the last twenty four hours. He didn't even care about the fight, although he felt bad for hurting the other two. Even if they're bullies, that didn't give Donghyuck a right to hit them no matter how many times they hit and provoked him.

He felt guilty for doing such a thing and he felt even more guilty about his father's childhood life that he's been through in the past. He knows it's not his fault that his father had to go through such things, but he can't help but feel terrible for treating his father the way he did despite everything he's done to him and the way he treated him.

He can somewhat understand his father though. He can understand the reason why Johnny is the way he is. The saddest thing is that Johnny had it worse than him and he dares have the audacity to feel this way? To feel depressed and guilty? But then he also thinks back to what Mark has told him a while ago.

"There's no such thing as somebody having it worse than the other person, meaning that you do deserve to feel this way. Your feelings are valid, Donghyuck and you have every right to feel the way you are feeling. Don't let anyone make you feel bad for feeling this way or feel guilty," He recalled Mark telling him when he broke down during their private training session.