°Chapter two°

Tw//bullying

Now Donghyuck despises everyday of his life, but his most hated day he experiences is today.

Health screenings day.

He dislikes it with a strong passion. Why does the school have to check your eye sight, weight, height, etc. when we go to the doctor for all that.

Okay, he understands not everybody can afford that, but still. He feels it's a violation. He's being checked in front of a bunch of people, yet the school doesn't think others would be uncomfortable.

Health screenings were done twice with in the school year, the beginning and then then end.

The school system in managing their screenings is messed up. It's completely unorganized and unethical.

Currently, Donghyuck's class had been sent to the school auditorium, where they held the health screenings at.

The stage was where they checked their eye sight and hearing, meaning on the ground they'd check their height and weight. And it's not like it would be done privately either. It was a free pass to expose their students.

Donghyuck was standing anxiously in line, waiting for his turn. He was being checking for his hearing and eye sight first before the others.

He wasn't too nervous about these tests. It's just his eyes and ears. He already knows his eye sight is fucked up, hence why he wears his golden circular glasses. The lens's on them were ever so thick, he is nearsighted. He can only see objects and letterings up close. Whether as objects that are further are difficult for him to make out.

"Next," the nurse called out for Donghyuck to be checked for his hearing.

Donghyuck made his way over to the table and sat down in the chair. The nurse placed the special headphones on that beep, which indicates and makes sure you can hear it.

The test went on for a minute, him raising his hand slightly on each side he heard the annoying beep sound irritating his ears.

"Okay, thank you. Go over to get your eyes checked," the nurse appointed him to the other nurse on the other side of the stage.

Following the nurses instructions, he walked over to get his eyes checked. He told the other nurse his name before being told what to do next.

"Look into the machine," the nurse demanded and Donghyuck did just that.

"Recite the smallest row of letters you can read," she spoke again.

After he finished that, he was sent over to get his height calculated. Yeji, a good friend of his, was being checked before him.

She had asked the nurse what her height was and Yeji smiled, skipping over to Donghyuck.

"5'7 hah! I'm not 5'5, I told you!" Yeji stuck her tongue out to which Donghyuck giggled.

"Yeah, still shorter than me though," he pat the top of her head while she swatted his arms away.

"So what, I'm content with my height. Thank you very much," she sassed, flipping her hair back.

"I didn't say you weren't," Donghyuck responded slyly.

Yeji and Donghyuck became friends in Jr. High school, grade seven. They were currently in grade eleven.

Donghyuck didn't have any friends because people thought he was different from the rest of them. He 'dressed' different and 'acted' different.

He remembers the day Yeji stuck up for him very vividly and he'll forever be grateful for a friend like her.