°Chapter eighteen°

Tw//attempts of ED recovery

Donghyuck was currently waiting for the dismissal bell so that he can start heading to his after school activities, which was his show choir rehearsal. It was a cold Thursday afternoon as a month had gone by and it was already the second week of November, meaning Thanksgiving break was in less than two weeks.

And to be honest, Donghyuck was terrified for Thanksgiving to come. All the food and different pastries on the table, drunk family members, and loud music. Just thinking about it makes him nauseous.

But his mind was slightly eased as this year, Jeno and Mark's family were coming over for Thanksgiving since their plane flights to Canada were cancelled. It wasn't like Mark wanted to go either way because he wanted to be with his boyfriend, well his not-yet-boyfriend-but-is-at-the-same-time.

Finally, the dismissal bell had resonated through the hallways, the annoying echoes and obnoxious cheering of students were clearly heard. Donghyuck packed everything inside his string bag and swung it over his shoulders, leaving the classroom last since everybody else would either beat him to it or push him and purposely make him last.

As soon as Donghyuck stepped out of the classroom, he headed straight over to his locker to grab his coat and his lunch bag that had a few snacks in it since he was staying after school. Approaching his locker, he saw someone leaning against it, the person resulting in Donghyuck's lips which were now curved up into a fond smile.

Donghyuck stepped closer and without any hesitation as he reached his arms around their neck, burying his face in the crook of their neck just below their chin. The older smiled as he gently wrapped his arms around Donghyuck's waist.

"Markie, can I get a kiss?" Donghyuck raised his head to look up at Mark with a pout.

The older wasn't in any rush to let go or leave yet as he himself had to stay after school for a soccer practice. The boys didn't have to be at their designated places until three o'clock hit. They still had a half an hour before the time arrives, giving them plenty of time to spend with each other and eat a quick snack.

"Why? Is my baby kiss deprived?" Mark teased as he smiled ever so lovingly at the younger who nodded his head like a toddler.

"Need kisses for fuel," Donghyuck responded in a playful manner, Mark lowering his head to capture his lips with his.

Donghyuck felt safe in Mark's arms as if nobody would ever hurt him when he's with the older male. The students in the building were almost gone, leaving Donghyuck and Mark space to themselves without people interrupting them.

The kiss was short but sweet as the two boys pulled away, longing for more but also knowing that if they would continue, they won't stop. It's already happened one time, resulting in them being late for their after school activities and they're not planning on doing it again...at least anytime soon.

They released each other as Donghyuck opened up his locker to grab his belongings, which Mark quickly removed it from Donghyuck's grasp so that he can hold it. The older slide his hand down Donghyuck's arm and stopped once he met the younger's hand, interlacing their fingers as they walked through the hallways and into the library, a place in the school they've always gone to together that started a month ago.

They actually knew the people, more like students, who worked there since they've seen them around so much, one of them being Donghyuck's good friend, Yeji, and the other being someone he met when they first starting coming here.

"Hi, Donghyuck! Hi, Mark!" A shorter boy with chocolate brown hair greeted the two as they stepped through the doors while walking from behind the counter.