°Chapter twenty six°

(a/n: continue streaming Hello Future if you can!!)

Tw//depression, suicidal thoughts, transphobia, self harm

He promised himself he wouldn't show weakness, but Donghyuck was about to do just that as he couldn't take it anymore.

Donghyuck couldn't breathe properly. He was just angry, angry at his parents, angry at the world, angry at everything. Ten reached out to put a hand on the boy's shoulder, but Donghyuck swatted his papa's hand away.

"Don't touch me!" Donghyuck yelled and walked backwards to the wall, his back colliding against it.

"Donghyuck, please. We-"

"Shut up! Where were you?! Where the fuck were you all this time?! You don't love me. You don't care for me. You just care about your reputation, you only care about yourselves. You only show Jisung attention because he's going to be the next best thing. You don't care about me or believe in me! You don't even acknowledge my presence!" Donghyuck shouted, tears falling down his cheeks.

Johnny and Ten just stood there in silence as they watch their son break down into tears, letting Donghyuck express how he's feeling without interrupting.

"D-do you know what it's like?" Donghyuck mumbled quietly before raising his voice again. "Do you know what it's like?!"

"Do you know what it's like to feel unwanted? O-or to feel that the people around you are judging you? Do you know what it's like to have the people you love neglect you? Or to know that no matter what you do, it still w-won't be enough? Do you not realize what you're doing?" Donghyuck bursted in between his sobs.

"We do you love, Hyuckie," Ten spoke softly, but Donghyuck shook his head aggressively as past memories of what his parents had told him and things they've told Jisung replayed in his head.

"Donghyuck, you're a boy. You know that right?"

"Are you confused?"

"Fix your attitude."

"He's not skinny at all."

"We're so proud of you, Jisung!"

"Bull shit!" Donghyuck's chest heaved up and down as he reached his hands to grasp his head, slapping his temple to get the voices out of his head.

Ten and Johnny were afraid, afraid of what was happening to Donghyuck right now. They didn't want their son to harm himself so the now crying Ten tried to reach out to him again, but this time Donghyuck spun off and ran out of his room.

It was freezing out, but that didn't stop Donghyuck from running outside, away from his home, barefoot without any coat. Johnny and Ten ran downstairs, the front door was left wide open since Donghyuck never closed it on his way out. Ten and Johnny slipped on their sneakers and pulled over their coats. Ten was about to exit the building, but Johnny held his arm back.

"Let me go get him. You stay here. Jisung will be coming home in a little bit," Johnny commanded and Ten shook his head no.

"No, he's my son too, not only Jisung!" Ten protested.

"That's not what I'm saying. Just stay here, please? I'll handle this. Donghyuck may come back before I even find him so stay," Johnny told him, this time more softer than the panicked tone he had previously used.

Ten knew Johnny was right in a way. What if Donghyuck ran back home before Johnny caught up to him? What if Jisung comes home and starts panicking when he finds out his older brother is missing? They don't want that to happen. And even though right now this is about Donghyuck, Jisung needs to be thought of in a situation like this as well.